Chapter 15

Danny's P.O.V.

This is absolutely ridiculous!

Theodore has been way out of line. For the past four days I have been banned from even the idea of leaving my cabin. They won't let me come out for anything, not even to go to the bathroom; they just throw a bucket at me each time. Gross! And I can't even sneak out because Theo has someone always guarding the door. The only sunlight I've seen for the past couple of days was from the porthole in my cabin, which isn't much.

"Come on! Let me out!" I shouted in desperation.

Silence

"Please!"

Silence

Don't get your hopes up. Yes, I usually get some kind of 'sorry Lass' or something but I wisely learned that just because no one answers doesn't mean no one's there. It's usually my new friend Javier standing guard.

"Ugh!" I shouted in anger and kicked at the door, which only made things worse because now my poor little toe hurt. I hopped around the cabin, clutching my throbbing toe, before falling flat onto the deck, my legs having gotten tangled somehow.

I just blankly stared at the space in front of me before shouting out in anger once more.

Okay, I have had about enough of this.

I climbed back onto my feet, took a deep breath and ran towards the door at full force. I smacked into the door with a loud, "oof!" before falling onto the deck once more.

Maybe not one of my best ideas, I admit, but it was worth a shot.

I rolled my head back and stared at the window in despair... but then I had a sudden idea.

It's risky but if it works, I'll definitely be able to get some fresh air.

I jumped up and walked towards the porthole. Once there I stood on my tippy toes and peeked out of the window. Right next to my window was a piece of rope dangling from atop. The waters were calm today so luckily that won't be a problem and it seems we're not moving at the moment.

Perfect...

I swiftly turned around and began to search for something I could stand on. I found a chair and quickly placed it in front of the porthole before running back to the door. I put my ear to the door and listened carefully for any indication of someone wanting to enter. To my satisfaction there was none.

Seeing as how there was nothing that would cause my plan to fail, other than the fact that I might fall, I was ready for action.

I rushed back over to the porthole and climbed on top of the chair. I stuck my head out and looked down - not the brightest thing to do, especially if you have a fear of heights. Pulling back inside, I took a deep breath to calm my heart before telling myself to man up (not that I'm a man anyways).

My hand latched onto the frame and with a slight hop I pushed myself up and onto the porthole frame. My muscles froze at the sight below, 'I'm absolutely crazy!' but before I could start freaking out, I forced myself to look up. I kept my eyes focused on the horizon and not the endless pool of water below me to stop myself from losing what little courage I have for what I'm about to do.

My arms stretched out towards the rope, stretching my fingers as far as they would go, but my arms were just too short. I tried pushing my body forwards to help me somehow get closer but the feeling of slipping made me immediately pull back.

It's quite obvious I won't be able to reach it so I'll have to try plan B, even though I'd much rather make it plan D - Do not attempt.

Here we go... one... two... three.