Twenty One (Part Two)-He Loves Her not

Whew! Another chapter all done, hope you like it. So excited to hear your thoughts on it. Please message me or comment if you edits that need to be made. Thanks for all your support! HUGS XoXo -Amber

I stood there staring at the huge glimmering gem on my finger, feeling lost for words

I stood there staring at the huge glimmering gem on my finger, feeling lost for words. It took a moment, but I finally managed a quiet, "Jax..."

"I hope that we can be more than ring partners. I want to go forward and build our lives together. I don't care if the union happens here on Earth or back home in Acklemar, either way, I'd be the happiest guy alive. The ring is only a token of how I feel, and God I hope you say yes..."

"But Jax," I interrupted. He held up his index finger to my lips.

"I know, you want time to think about everything. I just wanted you to know while my world may feel new to you, I'm also trying to understand where you come from too." He took a breath and rubbed my back. "I was thinking, maybe you could consider wearing the ring until you've thought about everything?" he asked like I would shatter him into a million pieces if I said no.

"Sure, I'll think it over it." I held out my hand and looked at the ring, then raised my eye to meet his. "Hmmm, I don't know, I'm not sure the diamond is quite big enough," I teased, making him wait for my answer.

"If you don't like it," he said sounding panicked. "We can pick out a new one tomorrow."

"Jax, I'm teasing you. If this ring were any bigger, I wouldn't be able to move my fingers. It's beautiful, of course, I'll wear it." I smiled, and I reached up on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

I didn't realize how concerned he was about what I might say until I heard him let out the breath he was holding, "You're going to wear it? Really?"

I nodded. He was so excited, he scooped me up, lifting my feet off the ground as he swung me in a circular path around him. When he placed me back down on my feet, we were facing each other. We were so intimately close, that I could smell his musky scent wash over me. I watched him slowly dipped his head until I could feel the warmth of his lips hover over mine. His heated touch against my back, the presence of his body pressed against mine. All enticed me to lean in and just taste his lips. With a hunger burning through me, I lifted my chin to meet his mouth and he more than feverishly embraced my action. I could feel myself sink into his kiss, making me flush with the desire for more. It was as if could feel his presence swirl and dance around me, making me want to go on kissing him like this forever. When he gently pulled away ending our connection, we were both breathing a little more heavily.

I placed my head against his chest, "Ah, I wish I had more answers for you."

"I know," he paused, "I'm planning on building a pile of yes answers, with this being my first one. This way, you can't possibly say no, when you've already said yes to me fifty other times. I consider this just the first step to winning you over completely. Come on. I want to celebrate."