thirty two | cruel twist

Sorry for the cliff hanger last time guys :))))

p.s. please check out my other new story 'our sandbox', i'll love you forever if you do <3

The interior of the mansion surprises me intensely. The walls are a deep crimson, with black trim, and the chandeliers are black wire, wrapped around yellow lit bulbs. The ceilings are aggressively high, coming to a point at the ceiling, where a large mural of a wolf hangs. The wolf is howling to the moon, and at its feet, are millions of other wolves, their teeth bared.

    "Welcome to my abode." I jump at Titan's voice, ripping my hand from his.

    "Now, I'd love to give you a tour, but I'm afraid that will have to wait for another time."

    I follow Titan down a long hall, the walls covered with several portraits of looming men's faces. They all seem to follow me as I my feet make echoing steps on the shining polished wood floors.

    At the end of the hall, lies a humongous wooden door with golden handles, and above the room is a portrait of Titan, a half-smirk lying on his scarred face. I look away from the portrait, clenching my jaw tightly, stepping past Titan as he holds the doors open for me.

    It looks like a basic office, with a mountain-sized desk in the center, surrounded by book selves that haven't been touched in decades.

    "Please, take a seat, Alessandra." Titan appears right behind me, pulling a chair out for me, and I sit down quickly, anxious to get away from him.

    "So," He starts, leaning against the front of his desk, facing me. "I assume you have decided to comply with my demands."
    I clear my throat.

    This is it, Alessandra. You need to be convincing, deceptively so.

    "On one condition." I state, my voice clear and my mind racing.

    "Oh really?" He asked, crossing his arms across his chest and racing a thick eyebrow at me.   

    "Yes." I snap, crossing my legs in front of me, trying to look as confident as possible.

    "And what would that be?" Titan hisses, his eyes squinting.

    "Before this deal goes any further, I demand to see my father."

    He leans back into the desk farther, scanning my face. I keep my expression neutral but serious.

    Don't crack, Alessandra.

    "I like your intellect, dear. As you wish."

    He stands up straight, moving away from the desk. I stand from my chair, brushing the backs of my leggings as I move. I straighten my posture, trying to make myself look more confident than I am.

    "This way, beautiful." I almost gag on the bile rising in my throat at his term of endearment, and I walk a safe distance behind him. He leads me back down the long hall, and takes several sharp turns, the building seeming to go on forever.

    I wonder for a moment if this monster, this beast walking in front of me is the Minotaur, leading me down through his labyrinth, ready and willing to spring a trap that will keep me hidden in this maze.

    I try to control my breathing, knowing that Titan is perfectly capable of hearing my heartbeat, and I hold my heart in my hands, imagining my fingers wrapping around it, holding the beats together and steady.

    "How much farther?" I ask as Titan leads me down another hallway.

    "Patience, darling." I shiver slightly.