"Eavesdropping," -Nathanette

Nathanael was sitting there at his desk, doodling something in his sketch book. It was lunch break, but Nathanael forgot his lunch and money, so he didn't want to go with others. Besides he wanted to focus on his drawings lately, more than usual. He was failing biology for it, but it was worth it. 

Marinette walked into the class, not realizing someone was already there. 

Nathanael didn't want to bother her, so he hid under the table and started drawing again. He wanted to draw her again, but the last time he did that, he ended akumatized and he didn't want that happening again.

"Uh Tikki, that akuma was hard to fight," she sighed. Who was she talking to? Who's Tikki?

He didn't want to listen, but he would probably get onto her bad side if she knew he was there. 

"Then thank god, Ladybug's smart," a high pitched voice responded. Nathanael was more confused than before. Who was she talking to?

His breath got caught in his throat. 

"Yeah, but Chat Noir helped too," she laughed. "-well he did, when he wasn't cracking puns," they both laughed and Marinette. 

"You have a few more minutes, until lunch break ends," Tikki said. "Why don't you go spending it with Alya?" 

"I don't want to disturb her, while she's having a romantic time with Nino," she laughed. 

"Romantic? They call each other dudes. Is that romantic?" Tikki laughed.

"Not judging, but you're more than 5000 years old. Love has changed through centuries, you know?" 

Now Nathanael was really curious. But he knew if he moved, he would get into so much trouble. It's enough he was already friendzoned, she didn't have to hate him too. 

The bell rang, signalling that class is about to start. Everyone started coming in. Nathanael sat down, as he just came in, but in reality he was so confused. 

Who is Tikki and why is she over 5000 years old? What is going on?

He knew this would eat him until he asked Marinette about it. 

He poked Ivan, who sat infront of him. He turned around and looked at his friend.

"Which lesson's now?" he asked him.

"Biology," Ivan replied, Nathanael groaned and put his head in his hands, because he was failing it.

"Good luck man. You really need a tutor," he said, before turning around, since the teacher just entered the classroom. 

She was going through tests, they wrote last week and stopped at Nathanael's. 

She sighed as she stood up and walked over to his table. She put his test on the table and looked at the boy infront of her.

Then she got a bright idea. 

"Marinette?" she asked, as the girl who was sleeping on the table opened her eyes wide, before looking at the test on her table and back to the  teacher.

"Yes, Miss?" she politely asked.

"I want you to tutor Nathanael, just so he can fix his grades," Both of the kids blushed, and Marinette nodded. She felt gaze from two boys on her. Nathanael felt mix emotions, but the other one, Adrien he didn't feel anything but pure jealousy. He wouldn't admid it, and if he did he wouldn't tell anyone. 

He didn't know why. 

Nathanael kept thinking about the conversation he heard and also how he felt now that she was tutoring him. You can tell he was happy, but there were other emotions too. Like worry, fear and sadness. If she ever found out ... there's no way they could stay friends. Or that's what he thought.

When the class ended, he gathered his things and wanted to leave the class, but a hand on his shoulder stopped him. 

He turned around and saw Marinette smiling at him. 

"Uh h-hi," he said slowly. 

"I was wondering when we can meet, so I can help you?" she asked, giving him one of her beautiful smiles. 

"Uh.. I'm free now, or do you h-have anything?" he asked. She shook her head and pulled him to school's library. 

"We can work here. But for the weekend, we can go to my place," she said. 

"Oh ok," he was kinda happy he could go to her home, but he was worried too.

~~~

"..and by giving a kangaroo a cookie, it gives birth to a giraffe," 

"Uh ah ok." he said. 

"Nath, I've been telling you nonsense for like five minutes, and you're not even listening!" Marinette exclaimed. He snapped out of his thinking state and focused on her.

"Sorry, I got lost in thought," he apologized and bushed. 

"Oh, Nathanael, what am I gonna do with you? I've tried to explain this to you for an hour, and you have no idea what I said," she shook her head. 

"I'm really sorry, Marinette. There's something on my mind," he looked down at his hands. She bit her lip. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked. This was his chance.

"I-I accidentaly heard something I shouldn't a-and I feel so bad about it. And I am afraid if I told them I know, they would hate me," Nathanael sighed. 

Marinette sighed. "I think it would still be good if you tell them that you know. I don't think it's good keeping things from them. Even if it's not important," she smiled at him.

"Fine, you're right," he smiled at her. He knew what he had to do.

"I heard the conversation between you and a girl named Tikki. I'm really sorry. I won't tell anyone, and I had no idea what you two were talking about, I promise!" he cried. 

Marinette took that by suprise. 

"Y-you heard me and Tikki talk?" she asked carefully. He nodded. He knew what he was going to get. She is going to hate him, so so much.

He closed his eyes and waited for shouts, but instead he got laughing. Sweet laughing. 

"Oh don't worry. I was talking on the phone with my friend. I had her on speaker. That's why her voice is so high. My phone does that sometimes. And it's hard to explain why I said she's 5000 years old. I just say that because she accidentally said she's 5000 old. It's a joke. Nothing to worry about," she smiled at him.

"So you don't hate me?" he asked. 

"No of course not, Nath. Why would anyone want to hate you?" she hugged him. 

"You were talking about Ladybug and Chat Noir. Is she a fan?" he asked and Marinette nodded.

"Anyway it's getting late. We should get going," Marinette took her stuff and started walking home. She let out a sigh of relief. 

Tikki popped out of her purse. "You know, Marinette. I'm starting to worry of how good liar you're becoming,"