XXI- "You're Fucking Tough, Indie."

On the way back to her house, Indianna checked her phone. She had forgotten about R throughout the day so she was surprised to see she had a message from him.

Why should I leave when I've just arrived?
-R

Tell me who you are.

Ditch your scumbag mate and I may consider it.
-R

Mate? You know about werewolves?

You're pretty and smart.
-R

Are you a werewolf?

That's for me to know.
-R

"Indie?"

Indianna jumped and looked at Greyson who had stopped the car. "Yeah?"

"We're here."

"Oh." Indianna climbed out of the car and walked up to her house. Greyson was behind her.

Iris was there when they walked into Indianna's house and she visibly stiffened when she saw Greyson.

"Alpha Greyson," she muttered and Greyson nodded in acknowledgment.

"Iris, I need to speak to you."

"What about?" Indianna wondered.

"Doesn't matter. Go upstairs, I'll be up soon."

"Greyson-"

"Indie," he said sternly.

"Indianna, please go," Iris said softly and Indianna gritted her teeth, but headed to the stairs.

Her phone sounded as she went up the stairs and she viewed the text.

Looks like the grown ups are talking and poor little Indianna has been sent to her room.
-R

Indianna froze and a cold feeling ran through her. Whoever this R was, they knew what had just happened.

How?

*

It had only been a few minutes and after Indianna had recovered from reading the text, she made her way down her stairs as silently as possible.

She could hear her mother's and Greyson's voices and struggled to hear what they were saying.

"You can't tell her about him," Greyson said.

"I haven't and I won't. She doesn't need to be burdened with the knowledge of that monster."

Greyson nodded. "She'll have questions."

"I know."

"Ignore them. Lie. I don't care what you do, just don't answer them."

"She'll get annoyed at me."

"She'll get over it," Greyson shrugged and there was a long pause. "Won't you, sugar?"

Indianna froze and Greyson walked out of the kitchen, stopping in front of her. "I wasn't listening."

"Liar."

"Fine, I was. Tell me what you were talking about."

"I'm not telling you anything."

"Mum-"

"She won't go against an Alpha," Greyson said and Indianna looked at Iris who shook her head.

"I'm sorry, Indianna."

"Whatever. It's not the first time I've been disappointed by you," Indianna muttered and looked at Greyson. "You can go now."

"I can. But I'm not."

"Greyson-" Indianna stopped talking and Greyson frowned.

"Indie, what's wrong? You don't look too good."

"I..." Indianna squeezed her eyes shut and reopened them. Her vision had started to blur and her head was aching. "I-I'm fine."

"Indianna," Greyson said sternly and was in front of her immediately, steadying her as she took a step forward. Indianna felt the sparks before she saw Greyson holding onto her. It took time for her blurry vision to focus on Greyson, but when she did she looked into his dark eyes and he frowned. "You're burning up."

"I'm fin-" Indianna stopped mid sentence and sighed. "I'm not fine."

"Lets get you upstairs," Greyson said and wrapped his arm round Indianna's waist, guiding her to the stairs. Her legs wobbled as she stumbled beside Greyson and she groaned.

"I feel sick."

Greyson looked down at Indianna and furrowed his eyebrows. "If you are sick on me," he muttered and picked her up in his arms, "I will not be fucking happy."

Indianna looked up at Greyson and forced a grin. "Good."

A few moments later Indianna was placed onto her soft mattress and she sighed, sinking back into her pillows. Greyson sat beside her and felt her forehead, pursing his lips as he did. "Looks like the beginning stage has started up again."

"Great."

"Do you still feel sick?"

Indianna nodded. "I don't think I will be, though."

Greyson nodded and took Indianna's hand, rubbing soothing circles into her palm. "I know this sucks, the process, but you'll come out of it stronger. You'll feel like you'll want to die during it, but after its worth it."

"Was it bad for you?"

Greyson nodded. "It's always worse for an Alpha."

"I'm not an Alpha."

"You have Alpha blood and you're an Alpha's mate," Greyson shrugged.

Indianna sucked in a sharp breath as a spasm ran through her body and she hissed in pain as her skin started to sting; it was as if she was being pierced by thousands and thousands of needles.

"Oh gosh." Greyson looked at Iris who stood shocked in the doorway. "What's happening to her?"

"The process. It's the beginning of the transformation into a werewolf," Greyson explained. "She's about to have a fit."

It was then when Indianna's body jolted upwards and Greyson growled, jumping up and pinning Indianna's arms to her sides.

"Come on, sugar, get through this," he said under his breath. "You're fucking tough, Indie."

Indianna wanted to reply. She couldn't. Her body wasn't responsive and she was forced to watch herself be helpless. She had to trust Greyson. He could look after her, he would look after her? Wouldn't he?

"Shit," Greyson cursed and wiped a tear that had slipped down Indianna's cheek. "I'm here, sugar. I ain't fucking moving until you're fine."

Yes.

Yes, Greyson would look after her.

*