Ferris Wheel

^stuffed toy rose

You're spoilt today. Fourth post up until now.

Just don't get used to it:))

***

As soon as I heard the water stop, I straightened and craned my neck to look at the bathroom door.

As soon as it opened I expected a towel wrapped Dante, with the muscles on display, but he came out in a bath robe, drying his hair with a smaller towel.

"Have you seen-" he stopped as soon a she saw me, his eyes almost shooting out of their sockets

"No.... No no no no no... Nope" he said, panicking a little, then backing up slowly towards the bathroom, making a run for it and locking the door behind him.

Unbelievable.

I got up, knocking on the door.

"Dante?" I question, placing both hands on the door,leaning on it.

"Get out."

"You're being childish. Open this door and talk to me like a proper man." I tried to insult his masculinity to lure him out, but to no avail.

"I don't care if I'm being childish. I won't listen to that"

"You don't even know what that means!" I complained, trying the lock, but it was stuck.

"I can't just stay there and listen to you say those words. I won't be able to take it out of my head! You don't realise how precious you've become and just how sharp your words can get" he ranted making me huff.

Think Helen... Think.

"Let's go to the Carnival. You promised me that we'll go and I don't think you want to break your promise."

Silence.

"You were so keen on having me ask for something from you and I now am. Pay back your debt to me Dante. Come out and take me to the Carnival." I said,crossing my fingers and biting my lower lip.

After another long silence, the door unlocked and Dante pushed past me, not letting me get a look at his face.

He went into his bedroom and left the door slightly ajar.

I awkwardly made two steps towards his door then stopped, deciding against it.

"I'm going to wait outside. If you even think about chickening out, I'll never look or talk to you ever again" I threatened, feeling a lump in my throat at the thought of him abandoning me today or of not talking to him ever again.

But I will go through with my statements if he doesn't comply.

Painful as it might be.

After the long silence that came, I started for the exit and just as I was about to open the door, I heard his quiet voice from the other room.

"I'll be down in 15 minutes."

His tone sounded so lost that it made my heart clench.

Just what is going through his head right now?

***

I was waiting inside one of Dante's black cars and started thinking he was really going to ditch me.

Just then, he emerged from the hotel doors, in his usual suit and tie.

He seemed confident in his steps, but the way he was nervously cracking his knuckles, I could tell he was dreading meeting me.