three

Jimin had burnt himself on the oven, and already broken the toilet. Of course, he could magic away the angry red burn mark, and look up how to fix the toilet, but instead he sat on the floor and cried.

       That's just how Jimin worked. He felt like a failure, he couldn't make anyone fall in love, hell, he couldn't even take a shit without messing something up. So instead of looking up how to help himself, or even trying to work his way around the problem, he just cried. Jimin turned around to face the stereo system, another thing he wasn't quite sure how to use. He reached forward and pressed the glowing red button, and immediately music blasted from the speakers, flooding the apartment with sound.

Jimin leapt forward, shaking hands attempting to turn off the music. It was loud, much too loud, and he was afraid he'd wake up the neighbors. A banging on Jimin's door pulled him away from the stereo system, and he rubbed at his eyes fervently before pulling open the door.

       Yoongi rushed into the apartment without Jimin inviting him in and turned down the stereo. Jimin looked over at him, eyes still a little bleary. Yoongi's shirt was wrinkled and pulled halfway onto his torso, like he'd thrown it on in a rush to get next door to turn off the music. Yoongi turned around and tried to run some of the sleep out of his eyes.

       "Jimin, it's seven a.m. on a Saturday. What are you doing?" Yoongi asked, pulling his hands away from his face. Jimin stood in front of him and shrugged meekly.

       "I don't know. I didn't know it would be that loud. I don't know how to work that thing." Jimin spat that thing, like the words were fire on his tongue. Yoongi bit his tongue to hold back a laugh, but he couldn't stop the smile that spread across his face. "What, it's not funny."

"It's a little funny." Yoongi said, letting out a small giggle. (Do boys giggle? Jimin wasn't sure. Taehyung giggled, but Taehyung was also part pixie. Yoongi didn't seem like the type to giggle.) Yoongi turned the stereo off completely and walked back towards the door.

"Give me a few more hours of sleep, and I'll come back over to teach you how to use this. It's a good system, you need to know how to use it. I'll be back around one, do you care if Hoseok comes over?" Yoongi asked, already standing in the doorway of his apartment.

"Hoseok? Yes, bring him, that would be perfect." Yoongi looked at Jimin oddly, but the boy just smiled at him. He was going to get to see Yoongi and Hoseok together again. That would help him make Yoongi fall in love. Maybe Hoseok knew how to fix his toilet. "See you later!"

——

        Jimin paced around his apartment, checking over the list in head. He'd turned everything from pink to white, he'd magicked his toilet back to normal, he made sure his bow and arrows were stowed away in his closet where no one could see them. Jimin had done everything to make sure that Yoongi and Hoseok wouldn't find out that he was cupid's assistant.

       Jimin opened the door hesitantly when Yoongi knocked on it, like he was afraid one of the two men would bite him. He smiled at Yoongi and Hoseok before opening the door enough for them to barely slip inside the apartment. Yoongi immediately went to work on the stereo system, playing around with the dials while Hoseok flopped onto his couch. Jimin watched Hoseok watching Yoongi, and it brought a small smile to his face. He loved love.

"Okay, Jimin, come here." Yoongi said, scooting to beside the stereo system. Jimin sat down in front of it and listened to Yoongi as he told him what everything did, and how to plug his phone into it. Jimin glanced over his shoulder every few minutes to see Hoseok hardly looking at them, instead he glared at the door.

Jimin realized then that maybe having both of them over was a bad idea. Of course, it may have been worse to invite Yoongi over by himself, because then Hoseok may have thought it was a date. Which it definitely was not. Jimin just didn't know how to use anything that wasn't powered by love and pixie dust.

"So, how long have you two been friends?" Jimin asked, playing around with the stereo. Yoongi was monitoring him closely, not wanting to have his ear drums blown out for the second time that day.

"I've known this loser for nine long, unfortunate years." Yoongi said, smiling goofily when Hoseok threw a pillow at him. Jimin smiled at their interaction, accidentally pressing the volume up too much, sending loud music spewing out of the speakers. He jumped backwards, away from the stereo, and Yoongi rushed to turn it down.

       "God, Yoongi," Hoseok said, rolling over into his stomach. "I hate you."

       Yoongi stuck his tongue out and pushed Jimin away from stereo, not trusting him to not bust their eardrums. "You love me, don't lie."

       Hoseok sighed and watched Yoongi as he turned around. "Yeah, yeah I know." Hoseok said. Yoongi laughed and flipped through the radio stations, Hoseok watching him the entire time. Jimin bets that you could ask Hoseok anything about Yoongi, and his eyes would light up as he told you all about him. Jimin grinned to himself at the thought, and Hoseok raised his eyebrows at him.

"What are you grinning about, smiley?" Hoseok asked, resituating himself on the couch. Jimin smiled at him, and Hoseok smiled back.

"Just thinking about love, and how beautiful it is." Yoongi snorted from beside him, slapping a hand over his mouth to retain the ugly laughs spilling out of him. Hoseok himself chuckled, but only because Yoongi was laughing too. "What, it's not funny. Love is something everyone experiences at least once, is it wrong to think about it?"

Jimin expected Yoongi to say something extremely sexist, like you're a man, Jimin, and you're thinking about love. It's funny, usually only pining tween girls think about shit like that. But his answer was much, much more disheartening. "I've never been in love, there's no need for me to think about it."

The easy smiles on both Jimin and Hoseok's faces slowly fell.