Painkillers

**idk what the possible triggers really are, just know that this chapter is pretty intense**

Gerard slowly opened his eyes, the dim light from the half-opened blinds burning his eyes. A splitting headache ravaged his skull, the simple action of sitting up sending throbbing pain through his head.

His phone went off, the sharp ping sending more stabbing pains through his brain. "Hello?" he croaked, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Gee, where are you?" Pete yelled, exasperation in his tone.

"I'm sick, Pete. I've been throwing up all day," Gerard lied, massaging his temples in an attempt to alleviate his headache in the slightest.

"Fuck... Fine, stay home. I hope you can make it tomorrow," Pete sighed, a small, grateful smile spreading across Gerard's face. "Feel better soon, okay?"

"Thanks, Pete," Gerard said softly, his boss ending the call with a click.

"Fuck, I've got to have some painkillers somewhere..." he murmured, trudging to the bathroom. More pain stabbed at his head when he flicked on the bathroom light, the bright light momentarily blinding him.

He looked through the cabinets until he found the bottle of Tylenol, opening the bottle with clumsy hands. He swallowed three, leaving the bottle on the counter when he left the bathroom. He plodded over to his bed, too exhausted to make his way back out to the couch even though him and Frank had ruined his sheets earlier.

He fell into a fitful sleep, even his body so used to Frank's presence that he clung to a pillow in his absence.

-----

"Hey, Gee. You've been so distracted lately," Ray said one night after the club had closed, the redhead helping wash glasses as his afro'd friend polished the counters. "What's on your mind?"

Gerard sighed heavily, pushing his hair out of his face. "I'm in love with him, Ray..." he said softly, chewing his lip when he went back to his previous task.

"Frank? You've fallen for the guy?" Ray asked, Gerard nodding silently.

"I miss him..." he mumbled, looking back up at Ray. "He helped me get sober, Ray. And now I can't stop thinking about him."

"You're sober now? That's great!" Ray said happily, the redhead just nodding in reply.

"It's been a week," Gerard said quietly, an embarrassed flush creeping up his neck. "Though I've started drinking a bit more than I used to..."

"That's fine. You got out of heavy drugs and that's what really matters. I'm really proud of you," Ray replied supportively, Gerard's eyes shining when he smiled at him.

"He's turned me into a sap," the redhead giggled, shaking his head at himself. "Who'd have thought I'd like to cuddle?"

"Come on, Gee, I always knew you were a romantic at heart," Ray chuckled, finishing up polishing the bar and tossing the rag into the sink.

"Whatever," Gerard grumbled, grinning at his friend.

"Gee..." Ray said softly, his mood shifting. "What happened to your arm?"

The cut had healed well enough after two days that Gerard stopped bandaging it, leaving the scab alone to finish healing. The thin red line still remained on his wrist, his skin only slightly inflamed around it. "Oh, um... I did that," he replied quietly, looking down at the floor and biting his lip.