Chapter 34

I make it in time for work to get all the chairs down and the lights on. I didn't know if I should've texted Chad back or not. I'm not really allowed to text and work because it's a distraction. So I decide to turn my voice phone off and keep it in my back pocket. A few more employees walk in a few minutes after and get ready for the bar to open. We have always had security on board just in case. My boss says there's a lot of female workers and drunk men can be scary.

People started to fill up the bar. The sound of pool balls being shot in different directions and loud rambling came to my attention. The men were arguing like always.

"Ma'am" someone called for me. I noticed someone sat down at the end of the bar. I walk over to him with a smile.

"What can I get for you today?" I ask

"Red apples beer" he says in a rough tone. He looks like he had a long day.

"Okay coming right up" I filled up a glass drink with the beer he wanted and placed it in front of him. He gave me a kind smile and I walked away to the middle of the counter. I shouldn't disturb him.

"Gemma?" Someone calls. I look around looking for the voice. It was Chad, what is he doing here? He sits down and smiles. "Since you couldn't go out I came to you" he smiles again. How sweet.

Kyrins pov;

I make it to buds bar. Once I opened the doors I had a feeling she wouldn't be here. This place is way too good for her, but on the other hand that bartender kind of looks like her from the side. I start heading that way. Even if it isn't her I need a drink. I start to notice the small features of Gemma. Oh goodness it is her and some guy is flirting with her. He wasn't bad looking either and she kept giggling. She twirled her finger around her hair. She used to do that all the time with me when she got nervous. A smile spread on my lips. Their conversation was interrupted when a man sat down and wanted a drink

I sighed in relief and walked over to the bar. I could feel the sweat accumulating on my forehead. I quickly wiped it away and sat down. I watched her smile at the man she served and her eyes landed on me. I could see her eyes widen a bit. My hands became very clammy. She dismissed the man she was talking to earlier and stood in front of me.

"Hi Gemma" I smile at her a little bit. I felt a knot fill in my throat.

"Hi Kyrin" she answered back. Oh wow how I missed her lovely voice. Her eyes were watery. I raised my eyebrow at her.

"I'm sorry did I do something?" I asks concerned now. She immediately shakes her head.

"No no everything's good."

Gemmas pov;

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I turn to see my boss staring at me.

"Need a quick break?" She asks I nod and walk away. I sigh as I open the door where all the employees hang out at. I sit down and take a few deep breathes. All I need to do is not throw up. I could feel it in my stomach or maybe it's just Lauren. I don know what it is. I decide to call my mom up.

"Hey Gemma what's wrong?" She asks concerned since it's a work Night and I wouldn't be calling her.

"Mom Kyrin is here and I don't know how to handle this. Just seeing him makes me want to cry and vomit. I don't know if it's the baby or what"

"You need to talk to him Gemma. He isn't going to leave you alone. Maybe this is supposed to happen. You never talked to him about what happened that night when you left. All you thought was that he was cheating. There could be more. " I sigh knowing she's probably right. I close my eyes hard

"Okay mom I will. Thank you I love you. " I hang up and walk out of the room to find Kyrin. He was sitting in the same spot with his head down.

"Kyrin.." I hesitate saying. His head shoots up and turns to me. " I uh need to talk to you" I say nervously. He nods and stands up. I walk towards the back room with him on my tail. He takes a seat on the couch and I take a seat on a different one in front of him. I could see he was nervous and sweating. I took a deep breath in before talking again.

"So uh what happened ? Why did you cheat? " were my first questions.

"I didn't cheat Gemma.. I had surprise planned for you. It's useless now, but " he pauses as he digs in his pocket. He pulls out a black box.
"I was going to propose to you.." He says softly.

"Then who was that girl you were texting "

"The girl who was selling me the ring and if you said yes. Which I thought you were gonna say yes then she was gonna help plan the wedding. " my heart sank at the news I'm receiving.

"Now I um have to tell you something" I bite the bottom of my lip. He nods for me to go on. Well you see uh I'm kind of pregnant with your child. " I pause to see his reaction. He didn't move he just stared at me. "I was thinking on naming her Lauren Elizabeth Bailey Matthews " I smile a bit trying to ease him down.

I couldn't tell by the reaction on his face if he was either excited or what. I mean he just found out he is going to be a father.... Tears slide down his cheek.

"What's wrong?" I ask concerned.

"I'm in love with you Gemma bailey. I need you in my life. I'd throw everything away for you. I haven't been myself lately. I'm so lost without you. I've gained habits that I shouldn't have. You've seen my frightening past, but I've spent my best years with your by my side. I need you" now I was crying. I wasn't a pretty cryer either. Kyrin had his arms around me now. "I need you" he whispers in my ear. It would be nice to have Lauren knowing who her father was and maybe her mother and father together. It would also take some time though. I can't just jump back into a relationship.

"I can't just jump back into a relationship. We need to start out as just friends for now" I sigh not wanting to say those words, but I know im right.