Chapter 89

WARNINGS: drugs, rape, triggers

-

I shut my door before walking over to my window.

"Sam, listen to me for ten seconds." Adam ordered as he walked into the room.

"Why should I?" I asked, continuing to look out of my window.

"That was the plan- to get you wrapped around my finger and then cut you off. That was the plan before I met you. When they made me go into your room at the hospital the first night- I thought it was going to be easy." He declared.

"Please just leave, I don't want to hear it." I replied.

"I'll leave when I'm finished." He replied.

I blinked back the tears before crossing my arms.

"Then we started talking and playing UNO, and I didn't see that mental illness everyone was talking about. I seen a person who was trying to get back to their family- like me. Call me crazy, but I kinda liked when you put that gun to my head. It turned me on." He replied.

I rolled my eyes, wishing he'd just shut up.

"So I helped me and you get out, but you got caught so you ruined that." He added, trying to joke.

"Are you done?" I asked, my back still facing him.

"I'm sorry if I overwhelm you any more, but I fell in love with you these three weeks. I fell in love with the way you dealt the stupid UNO cards, I fell in love with the way you lit up when I let you win UNO, I don't even like UNO, I love the feeling I get when I see you smile and laugh, and I don't blame you if you still want me to leave." He explained.

A few tears escaped my eyes before I slowly turned around.

"The group Ashley and Curt are talking about is the hospital, isn't it?" I asked

"Yes. There's a lot to explain, but I'll explain it all." He replied.

"Start from the beginning." I ordered.

"The community I took you to was really my old group before Curt's group got me. When you and Rick came there to get medicine, we seen that you both were extremely good fighters and that you were extremely clean before the intruders came. So, we knew you had a group. After everything happened, we followed you guys back and found this place. We all wanted it, but I didn't want to fight you all." He explained.

"We helped you guys and you repay us by doing this?" I asked.

"I appreciated the help. When they got you and Michonne at the hospital, they knew they got two of the strongest fighters at Alexandria, and they were going to attack Alexandria that day- but Michonne escaped. That's another reason I tried to get you out." He replied.