My Guard Kitten

Chapter 18: my guard kitten
-Bex p.o.v.-

When I finally made is out of Filch's office it was close to curfew. I left the room with a smirk on my face.

I started whistling to fill up the silence. Whistling a random tune soon got me to nod my head along, and pretty soon I was at the portrait hole.

"Bex: the supreme ruler and master of all things living and dead has returned." I spoke loudly and in a dignified tone.

The Fat Lady rolled her eyes at me, "welcome back." She said the scripted words.

"Thank you my good Lady." I gave a slight bow of my head.

She gave a sigh, "please enter." She spoke in a monotone, saying the words that she was instructed to say in response to my password.

"If you insist," I said playfully as she opened up. I giggled as she shut behind me with a snap. "Why does she make it so fun to mess with her," I spoke to myself aloud.

"There you are!"

I looked over to see Wood and the rest of the team. "Yeah?" I asked, looking at anything but them.

I was looking at the painting above them, the one that held Godric Gryffindor as Wood spoke, "where were you? You were the first to leave and the last to get here."

"Oh." I chuckled a little before replying. "I was stopped by Filch. Apparently quidditch gear looks like prank stuff to him." I shrugged, "I have detention with Hagrid on Saturday."

"We just wanted to ask you some things." Hunter said.

I froze for a second, my whole body going rigid. Quickly snapping out of it I asked, "and that is?"

They all started speaking simultaneously. My eyebrows dipped down in a frown, I couldn't understand a thing they were saying.

"Alright! That's enough!" Wood called over them. They all quieted down, making the common room silent. "One at a time." He commanded.

Kaleb stepped forward, "how did you catch the snitch?"

I rubbed the back of my neck, "it was in my reach, so I just grabbed it."

"Yes, but how did you catch it? You had amazing reflexes, you caught it before I could even react!" James exclaimed.

I looked down, preparing myself to lie, "um, I don't know, it was going right past me, so I grabbed it before it could fly away." I looked up at the end of my lie. James and Sirius were searching my face, as if they knew something and knew I was lying.

'They don't know, how could they? It's impossible. No one knows. Lily and Severus only know parts of the truth. No one knows, and they won't know.' I reassured myself.

"And what was that with the bludgers?" Sirius asked with narrowed eyes.

"A spell," I shrugged.

"You created it?" Hunter asked.

"No, I have a friend that taught me some things, and he taught me the spell."

"What spell is it?" Marlene asked interestedly.

"Um the spell makes things go calm or still. The incantation is 'Placidus' and then you say the object after." I explained.

"So you just said 'placidus bludger' and it went calm in your hands?" Wood asked.

I nodded, "yeah," I looked around awkwardly, "umm if that's all..." I trailed off.

Wood nodded, "yeah, have a nice sleep."

"Yeah, you guys too." I waved my bat at them, my hands still full with my broom and bat.

I trudged up the steps and into my dorm room. Shoving my broom into my messenger bag that held an undetectable extension charm, allowing me to put anything of any size inside it. And placing my beaters bat on my trunk top.

Heaving a sigh and lying down on my bed. I focused my attention on the canopy above my bed.

"Meow."

I turned my head, looking over the side. Tucker stood, his bright blue eyes connecting with my green ones. "Hey little buddy." I smiled at the kitten.
He jumped onto my bed, with such grace. His small amount of body weight barely making a dent in the mattress. He climbed onto my torso and curled into a ball, his blue eyes never leaving my own. He rested his head on my chest, watching me intently.

"Where have you been buddy?" I asked. "I haven't seen you in a while, since last week," I chuckled at the memory. "We pranked Filch, you did an amazing job distracting Mrs. Norris." I scratched behind his ear.
Tucker purred and leaned his head into my hand. His eyes closed in pleasure and his tail flicked happily.
"I've trained you well," I smiled at the young kitten, only months old. "Pretty soon, you'll be my assistant in these pranks. You're doing great so far."

Lily let out a deep sigh.

I turned my head, looking over at her bed. She was deep asleep, tossing a little in her sleep.

"Goodnight, little guy." I gave Tucker one last scratch before folding my arms behind my head. He watched me with curious eyes.

I fell asleep with Tucker resting on my chest, guarding me as I slept.

He watched everything happen in the room. Lily sleep restlessly. Marlene come in late at night. Alice wake in the middle of the night to use the restroom. And on her way back to bed, cover my body and Tucker with a blanket. Lily wake from a nightmare and get a glass of water. Marlene open the window in the beginning hours if the day to a pecking owl. And me sleep deeply and soundlessly.

Only around three in the morning did the small kitten allow himself to fall asleep, knowing that he could still protect his human from danger at only a moments notice. The kitten knew he would be able to sleep throughout the day, but he needed to guard his owner at her most vulnerable.

------------
Okay so what do you think? I've left Tucker out of the plot for a while, just waiting for this moment when I could show off how the kitten acted around Bex.
I had a cat who did the same thing, he would lie on me and guard me all night, only falling asleep at three or four in the morning every night, just so he could guard me. And then when I woke up in the morning he would follow me up the bathroom and sit on the counter watching me do my hair and brush my teeth. Then I would take him to the kitchen and feed him, and then head off to school. And when I got home from school he would be sitting by the door, waiting for me. He followed me everywhere and did everything with me. So that's where I got the inspiration for Tucker.
Tell me what you think! Comment, vote, fan, follow, share, etc. thanks!