Kisa

"Class welcome Hideaki Hayashi, he is a transfer student from America."

His name is Japanese but he comes from America? I pondered as Momiji's head snapped up.

He is always looking to befriend people...

A familiar boy walked in. Curly brown hair, green eyes, and pale skin held an exotic feature that clearly showed Japanese ethnicity.

I remembered it was the boy from the lake who walked along the trail in the forest.

Apparently, he also remembered. He looked shocked for a moment before giving a tilt of his head and smile of acknowledgement.

Not wanting to be rude, I smiled back before going back to my book.

"Pleased to meet you. Please take care of me." He said in a smooth, friendly voice.

"I need someone to show Hideaki around the school. Volunteers?"

All the girls in unison, shot their hands up so fast, I swore I saw a girl twist her wrist.

"Miss Honda, please accompany him around the school."

"Yes ma'am." I mentally winced seeing glares from girls. Freaking piranhas. I shuddered.

Thanks for giving everyone another reason to hate me. I thought sarcastically.

Momiji seemed to be thinking along the same lines as me. He was staring at the boy with suspicious eyes.

I sent Momiji a small, reassuring smile as Hideaki went to sit at his seat which was coincidentally surrounded by girls

I almost felt bad for the guy. Almost.
____________________________

I shuffled awkwardly, Hideaki following me while Momiji flanked by my side.

I pointed out classrooms, libraries, and the occasional hang out quietly as Momiji, to my surprise, seemed to dislike the new boy. The little looks of distaste he threw at Hideaki didn't escape my vision.

I sent him a confused glance when he forced another smile at Hideaki, who seemed blissfully unaware of the apparent dislike Momiji radiated.

I sighed in relief as the final stop came into view.

"This is the office. You probably won't really need to do much in here except ask questions or pick something up." I explained.

"It was nice meeting you Hayashi-san. I hope you enjoy your stay at this school." I said softly, bowing before straightening up.

"It was nice to meet you too Honda-san, thanks for showing me around." he said 'Honda' almost distastefully.

I tugged on Momiji's sleeve as we quickly exited the school, expecting the warm sunshine.

Oh.

It was raining.

Momiji burst out laughing at my disgruntled, surprised face. I have him a tiny glare though the smile on my face did little threat.

Damn that contagious smile.

The torrent of rain immediately soaked us to the bone and plastered our hair to our faces. Momiji looked up at the gray clouds thoughtfully.

"I brought an umbrella, but we'll have to share." He said cautiously, a tiny blush rising on his creme colored cheeks.

I felt my cheeks heat up, I looked down and nodded sheepishly.