Chapter 18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

As soon as I entered the room, I saw Ava touching Max. Sparks of jealousy and anger ignited my body. Due to the mischievous grin my appearance brought to Ava's face I knew she clearly wanted me to lash out right here. But not yet. Or ever.

"Ava," I started in an overly sweet voice tone "How are you? I haven't seen you in a while" I continued as I finished entering Max's office and closed the door.

The expression on both Ava and Max's face confirmed they weren't expecting this reaction from me. Ava was probably seeing red and Max was starting to gain color after my unexpected appearance paled him.

"Oh sorry, did I interrupt something? A meeting?" I spoke again in my sweet voice after Ava remained quiet.

My words seemed to bring Max's rationality back. "No. Ava was just leaving" Max snarled, standing up from his desk chair, grabbing Ava's forearm and bringing her to the door.

"It was very nice to see you, Ava" I grinned as I moved to the side and gained a hateful glare from her as she exited the office.

"Ella, please I-" Max said as soon as the door was closed, running his fingers through his hair.

"You what? Didn't do anything?"

"You know I would never mess this up again" His voice was full of hurt and anger.

"Have you ever thought that I might get jealous? Her being around you everyday" I asked, walking towards his desk and running my fingers across the edge of the table as I continued walking to the other end of the table and turned to face him again "Just how many times a day does she visits you, Max?"

"Ella May" Max warned but I continued, interrupting him. I was crossing a line and pushing many of his buttons.

"One? Two? Three times a day?" I cocked my head as if I was considering his answer.

He walked towards me and before I knew it, I was pressed against his chest. His nostrils were flaring as he tried to control his fury, half if it probably directed to me, the other half directed to Ava. I was enjoying pushing him over the edge, "Do you hold her like this" I asked, eyeing his grip "Does she kiss you like this?" This time I spoke in a low whisper as I softly brushed my lips against his and I continued speaking, "Does she know you have a soft spot right here?"-kissing him below his jawline-"Does she know you love this?" I kept asking, nibbling and gently tugging his earlobe as Max tried to swallow a moan and failed. I grinned against his ear, feeling completely cocky by the fact that I was affecting him when he was slightly mad.

"Ella, what do you think you're doing?" He questioned in a strangled voice.

"What do you think I'm doing?" I questioned back, continuing my kisses across his jaw, neck and throat.

"Pissing me the fuck off" He answered, causing me to grin again against his skin.

"Am I?" I feigned innocence, kissing his soft spot again. "So what? You're telling me you don't like this? Or does Ava do it better than me?" The vein on Max's neck was prominent, a sign of how much I was torturing him with pleasure or how much my act was angering him.

Apparently, my last words had pushed Max's last button as he grabbed my wrists and restrained me from continuing my touching.

"Are you listening to yourself right now? Do you really know what you're saying? Do you even realize the amount of stupidity your words hold, Ella? Cause trust me, I'll be damned if you don't. You know me better than that and better than no one else. I would never, ever touch someone else or let someone else touch me that isn't you" He spoke firmly, trying to maintain his voice level low and not shout since we were in his office, capable of letting all of his colleagues know what we were talking about.