Chapter 40: Mirror Mirror, Predict The Future

The next days dragged on and on. Rose did many fun things, like flying with George and playing games with the guys. They ate loads of food, especially Ron and things were going well. Rose and Sev spent the day together walking around the grounds and such. They started begrudgingly doing their homework once more and Ron claimed Hermione would just let him copy hers so there was no worry. 

Three days after Christmas though and Rose still couldn't get the mirror out of her head. Obviously that was it's spell to drive you mad, so she tried not to think about it, Rose tried to fill her days with friends and fun and candy. But even then all she wanted was to inspect the mirror. 

She resolved that she would go see it in the middle of the night that night. She would sneak out, and she doubted she would be reprimanded since she was friends with almost all of the teachers. She wandered down to the common room to see everyone in good spirits and she finally was too.

"Hey Rose! Lets go fly some brooms eh?" George said with a wink. Rose smiled and skipped off to join him leaving the others looking very puzzled. After a long day of soaring around, which Rose was very good at now she headed back up to her dorm and claimed she was going to go to bed. She got all of her things together for sneaking out and waited for everyone to go to sleep.

Around 1:00 in the morning it was time. She crept out of bed and into the hallway. She glided just cover the marble floors so she wouldn't make any sound and arrived at the room after only five minutes of searching. It was unlocked this time and she pulled the door open slowly. The mirror was uncovered and glistened in the moonlight.

She stepped over in front of the mirror only to trip sprawling forward into the floor. There was a low "Ouch" and half of Harry's body appeared right were she had trip. Rose crawled away in horror at her half visible friend.

"What? Rose? What are you doing here?" Harry said suddenly becoming visible again. Rose stared at him with shock. "This is an inadvisability cloak, you can't see me when i'm under it. Now why are you here?" Harry said folding up the cloak and setting in on the ground next to the mirror. Rose pulled out her pen and book. She uncapped the pen and wrote quickly.

I came to look at the mirror! That image has been driving me mad!

"Do you see what I see? Do, do you see my parents?" Harry asked confused.

"I'm afraid she does not see what you see, and neither do I." Dumbledore said coming out of the shadows. Both of them jumped back in surprise and Harry let out a small yelp.

"This mirror is powerful. It will show our deepest desires and sometimes even our fate." Dumbledore said walking in front of the mirror. 

"What do you see sir?" Harry said still looking in the mirror with a far off expression.

"I see a nice pair of socks. Now it is a very dangerous mirror you two. Men have been driven insane by it's power. It is going to be moved and I suggest that both of you not try to find it. Now run along. Go back to your dorms. I will see you at breakfast in the morning then." Dumbledore said. He walked out of the room leaving the two of them there to collect them selves. 

Harry picked up the cloak and threw it around his shoulders becoming just a head. He held out an arm and Rose joined him under the cloak disappearing herself. They walked back to the common room and agreed they would talk in the morning.