Emotional

Jayla's P.O.V

I sat with my back against the back of the couch where Ric lay lifeless "I can't believe this, where's you're vervain Jeremy" Elena asked in frustration staring down at our little brother "I don't know" Jeremy stated eyeing his wrist where his vervain bracelet used to be "it was Tyler,  it had to of been. Hes been hanging out with you to try and get you off of vervain" I spat feeling the rage build up in me, Tyler was helping Klaus try to kill my brother.

The door opened and Damon came in. I quickly jumped up and wrapped my arms around him "its okay" he soothed rubbing my back "he had his ring on" I nodded and pulled away "what are we going to do, Klaus is going to continue to go after Jeremy unless Stefan gives him his coffins back" I told him as I glanced back at Elena, Damon stared at me for a moment "we don't even know where Stefan is" he mumbled, Elena jumped up from the couch and walked over to us "I'll call Bonnie and ask her if she can do a locator spell" she stated pulling out her phone, Damon looked back down at me "I'll fix this, I promise" he whispered, I shook my head "Damon this isn't your fault, its Stefan's" he shook his head in dismissal.

Elena and Damon left to go to the witches house while I stayed with Ric, I didn't want him to wake up alone. "He said what" I yelled down the phone "he doesn't care Jay. He said that he wont give the coffins back" Elena cried in to the phone, Stefan doesn't care if Klaus kills Jeremy. I looked over at Ric who still hasn't woke up "Elena, Ric still hasn't woke up"  I whispered in to the phone "what, no he should be awake by now" I shook my head even though she couldn't see me "he isn't" I felt sick at the thought of Ric never waking up "I'll be home soon Jayla okay, I love you" she said quickly "I love you to, bye" I hung up and sat the phone on the stand.

I decided begin dinner so the Ric could eat something when he wakes up. It was getting darker as I finished the pasta and walked back in to the living room to call Elena "ahhh" I jumped and turned around to find Ric trying to stand up, I ran to his side helping him "oh god Ric you had us worried" I gasped. He nodded panting slightly "where's Jeremy" he choked out "hes fine, come on sit down" I tried moving him towards the couch . He began coughing uncontrollably as he fell to the floor "Ric, oh my god whats happening" I turned his head to the side so that the blood wouldn't choke him. I stood up and grabbed the phone, calling an ambulance "how may I help you"  the woman asked, I looked down at Rics body and my heart began to pound "my friend was hit my a car, hes unconscious" I rushed out, I told her my address before hanging up.

I knelt down next to Ric "come on" I grabbed his hand "why aren't you working" I spat referring to the Gilbert ring. The door bell rang and I practically ran to the door and swung it open "he's over there, he wont wake up" I panicked as the paramedics rushed over to Rics body "oh hello Jayla" I jumped to see the hybrid that ran Ric over, I felt my heart stop as he stood at the door unable to pass the threshold, he looked over at the paramedics "leave, we'll meet you there" they began to pack up and leave "what no you have to help him" I panicked trying to pull them back "I can help him Jayla, here just take my blood" he stated holding his wrist up "but I can't get in, your going to have to invite me in Jayla" he said smugly. I look back over at Ric who was becoming more paler and coughing, my mind was completely blank. Then everything happened in slow motion,  the hybrid dropped to the floor with an arrow in his back "Jeremy" I whispered "he's not dead yet" Jeremy growled walking past me in to the kitchen,  he came back with a butcher knife "what no, Jeremy" I let a out a small scream as Jeremy brought the knife down on to the hybrids neck, beheading him "now he's dead, lets get Ric to the hospital"

I silently cried as I cleaned the porch, my hands were covered in blood. I stood up using my sleeves to wipe away my tears as I carried the bucket of warm water back in to the kitchen. Why is this happening Ric is in hospital and Jeremy just cut someone's head off, he's only fucking 16. I clean the rest the blood off the knife and my hands, I could see Damon's reflection on the window in front of me "Jeremy's upstairs" I nodded sniffling slightly as I continuously scrubbed my hands, I could still feel the blood on them "hey, hey stop" Damon turned my around to face him, he cupped my cheeks "everything's going to be okay" I shook my head as the tears fell "how is this okay, how is anything going to be okay again. My sixteen year old brother just chopped someones head off and my sisters ex boyfriend doesn't care that we may all die if he doesn't do want Klaus wants" I choked out, Damon instantly pulled me in to his chest "Elena wants me to compel Jeremy to leave town, she thinks that will be safer for him. I'll only do it with your permission Jayla" I looked up at him.  Jeremy would be safer away from mystic falls but could I really be the one to take that decision away from him "you do whatever Elena wants you to do"

I sat on the swing on the front porch, Damon was upstairs with Elena and a now alive and well Ric who just walked right on out of hospital. Damon was compelling Jeremy go and visit the family friends we have out of town. I didn't want to be there while they compelled him, I don't want to see his rights to make his own decisions be taken from him "its done" Damon stated simply as he stepped out on to the porch, I stood up to stand next to him "your doing what's best for him Jayla, you are the best sister he could ask for" Damon said running a hand through his raven hair "then why do I feel so horrible" I asked, Damon turned and looked at me with those big blue eyes "your keeping him alive Jayla trust me he'd rather be alive and not in mystic falls than dead and buried here, trust me I know" I smiled a little at Damon's attempt to lighten the mood.

"Elena said you stayed behind to speak to Stefan, did you manage to get him to even consider giving the coffins back" I asked hopeful,  Damon tilted his head to the side "Stefan so bent on taking Klaus down I think its taking him over" I nodded slowly "what I don't understand is if Stefan is so determine to destroy Klaus then why did he stop you from killing him" I stressed rubbing my temples "because he was saving me" Damon growled out in frustration "what are you talking about" I asked moving closer to him and placing my hand on his arm "Klaus had already ordered the hybrids to kill me so if he died then so would I, he did it to save my life. And now I feel guilty"  I stood still as he explained "why do you feel guilty"i question raising my eyebrows at him, Damon turned to face me fully "guilty for wanting what I want" I could feel his cool breath on my face, he turned to walk away "no, you what if I'm going feel guilty then I'm going to feel guilty for this" before I could react his lips were on mine, I kissed back instantly. My body was pulled against his and then he pulled away and looked at me before turning and leaving. I stood there completely speechless.

"Are you okay" I flinched as Ric came out on to the porch "I'm fine, what about you" he smiled warmly "I'm okay Jayla, Elena said you stayed with me" I nodded wrapping my arms around my self "yeah I didn't want you to wake up alone" he pulled me in to a hug and rubbed my back "thank you, Jeremy wants to see you" he whispered pulling away, I wiped a tear away as I walked back in to the house.

Jeremy's door was opened and he was sitting in the center of his bed "hey come sit down" he said patting the space in front of him, I sat down on his blue duvet in front of him "so I'm going to see family friends" he said sounding a little excited "yeah, you'll have a great time" I chuckled with a fake grin on my face, "I'm sorry Jayla for what I did earlier, I shouldn't have done it in front of -" I quickly put my hand over his mouth "no Jer you were forced to do what you needed to door, I'm sorry you were put in this position" he smiled slight and wrapped his arms around me "I just cant lose you or Elena, Jayla your all I've got" he admitted in to my shoulder "I know and you won't, I promise" he nodded. I kissed his cheek and stood up "goodnight Jeremy" I smiled at him "goodnight night Jayla" I went back to Elena's room were she was changing in to her pajamas "hey are you okay" she nodded as she pulled her hair in to a bun "I just need some sleep" I changed in to some pajamas and braided my hair. I got in to bed and laid next to her "we'll figure it out" I whispered to her "I know and Jayla I gave Klaus Rebekah" my eyes widened "what, why Elena. When he undaggers her she'll kill you" I hissed, Elena looked over at me shaking her head "no he won't because he knows she will hate him for what he did to her mother" she explained, I decided to let it be "goodnight Elena" she cuddled in to me slightly "goodnight Jay"