Chapter Thirty Four - Here's Your Answer

Chapter Thirty Four – Here's Your Answer

Why Hunter?

Then there was another question on my mind; why me? I'd hardly noticed him before that first day in chemistry, but now that I thought about it, there wasn't really anything linking the both of us even at that point.

The week had settled down and everything was smooth sailing with both the chemistry and physics test over. Exams were coming up, but before the second last dosage of stress, we had all been invited to Riley's party, which was exactly what we were talking about as we met each other in the hallway.

"It's a casual party," Ella explained, seeing as she had the most accurate information courtesy of her boyfriend.

"So what do I wear?" I asked.

"Jeans, t-shirt, shorts? Casual clothing," she grinned. "How can you stress over even stuff like this?" She laughed.

"Yeah yeah alright Ella. What're you thinking of wearing?" I asked, turning to Jenny.

"Probably just a casual dress," she shrugged.

"Dean can give you a lift by the way," Ella said to me. "Sorry Jenny, but he has to take Ace and Hunter as well."

"All good. I think my mum's free tonight anyway."

Amongst the bustling and exciting chatter, I caught a glimpse of Archer walking down the hallway, and I realised, I still hadn't said anything properly to any of the guys. Since exams were coming up, would it be better to give them an answer before, or after?

Before seemed alright; they could focus on their studies and I doubted any of them would be too heartbroken. But then I thought about Archer again. What would happen if he was actually in deep? I definitely needed to talk to Ella about this later.

Jenny went off and it seemed like I would ask Ella about it immediately.

"So do you think before or after exams?" I asked.

"Well, if you do it before the exams, they could become heartbroken and screw up their exams. If you do it after, they could be so preoccupied during exams they screw up their exams." She grinned brightly.

"Gee thanks Ella."

"Always here for ya," she winked.

The bell went off and we caught sight of Dean coming down the hallway. I knew the protocol and waved her off. I was pleasantly surprised by how their relationship had been. Despite the previous flurry of girls around him, Dean really did only have eyes for Ella, and they both seemed to be floating on clouds.

I wanted to give Hunter an answer as soon as possible and I wanted to make sure Ace scored as high as possible in the upcoming exams. My brain was telling me that letting them know after exams would be best, but I had to make sure I didn't hurt anyone or cause any unnecessary rifts between Ace and Hunter.

Since I was still tutoring Ace, I had to make sure to draw a firm line at friendship, and to make sure I wouldn't lead him on. That was probably the reason I decide I was going to give them all answers that day.

I managed to catch Archer during break. I spotted him walking towards the canteen and decided that since no one was around, that would be the best time possible. I sped over towards him and waited for him to buy his recess before stopping him.

"Hey, you have a sec?" I asked.

"Sure," he nodded.

"About what happened...a while ago," I began. I saw him tense up a little before relaxing when he realised I'd noticed. "I'm sorry –"