Chapter 18

A/N: I don't think anyone actually reads these but thank you for reading my story. Sadly it's coming to an end. I didn't expect it to get this many reads and votes. It was suppose to be a cute-funny short story. The ending is near, probably only about 5 chapters left. Should there be a sequel? Or finish it off with an epilogue? Please let me know :)

Someone's always usually in trouble. Aka me. Don't give me that look, because for once it wasn't me. I'm fine. Not so much for Evan. He disappeared.

After the training, which they also taught me how to be stronger in my cheetah form. I cuddled with Alec and passed out.

But in a way I felt like it was my fault. I always ignore the voice in the back of my head. Or that feeling in your stomach when something is wrong. Or it just doesn't feel right. I rely on myself and brain. Which never works out. I'll have to start following my instincts. Maybe then all of this would of never have happened.

My head was pounding and I was confused.

It's not your fault. I should of have gave you a better warning. Set more determination instead of making faint kitty whimpers. Serenity said guilty.

My stomach lurched and eyes launched with fear.

No. I denied.

It wasn't any of our faults. They wanted us not to know. It was part of their plan.

"You're right." Alec said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Noticing my confusion he made an O shape with his mouth.

"You said that last part out loud." He explained.

"That makes more sense." I smiled cheekily.

"How could you guys be smiling. Evans gone!" Kyle yelled. He looked so hurt and lost that I felt depressed again.

"It's okay, he's a big boy." Carson said.

Carson flinched when Alec whacked him on the back of his head. Kyle scowled.

"You aren't helping. Look man I know your worried but we'll find him. Trust me. He'll be fine." Alec patted his shoulder.

Through watery eyes Kyle looked up at him.

"What if they hurt him?" Kyle asked. He shook like it was too much to take in.

"Then we make them suffer." It was me who spoke. "No one hurts my family and gets away with it. We'll make them pay."

A small grin formed on Kyle's face.

"I'll rip them to shreds." Kyle's voice was demonic.

He was most definitely bipolar.

Carson backed away and so did Alec.

I guess they thought so too.

Trent barged in the house and stood up straight.

"I looked everywhere." He started.

Kyle's eyes widened with hope but then slanted his eyes what Trent said next.

"There was nothing but a tape recorder. I haven't played it yet. But I know it's from them. I could smell their horrible stench from miles away."

I clenched my fists and blew out an air of frustration.

"Can't we just barge in and kill them all?" I asked.

Kyle nodded and clapped his hands.

"Lets go with her idea." His voice was filled with excitement.

"No." Trent stated firmly.

"We need a plan, if we jump in. It's basically suicide." Alec explained.

"But they wouldn't expect it. They know us. You are right, they would know we need a plan. That's why if we just jump in with a surprise attack it would catch them off guard and bam we win and get back Evan." I argued.

"Wow..." Trent trailed off, "That was actually a pretty good idea. Too bad we aren't using it. It's too risky and I'm not losing another one of you guys."

Kyle pouted and stomped his foot and stormed out.

Carson followed after him.

Trent sighed.

"You stay out of trouble and stay put. Me and Alec will come up with a plan and share what we have when Carson comes back with Kyle." Trent demanded.

"Excuse me?" I crossed my arms. "I want to help."

"You can help by staying here." Alec said. Then when seeing my face he added in, "You know, keeping watch."

I looked away and heard a sigh.

"Come with me." I heard footsteps echoing away.

I glanced at the tape recorder.

That's fine. I have my own plan.

I played it and listened carefully.

"Give the girl, and we'll give the boy. We aren't far. Along the way, just hear the soothing water."

I couldn't make out fully what they had said. I didn't even know who was actually saying it. It was too static. But from what I did gather, it was my fault.

Evans gone because of me. It's time for me to step in and take responsibility for my own problems.

I'll defeat them myself. I'm much stronger and I know I can do this. I have Serenity.

I'm not going to sit around and be useless. I want to be a hero. I want to be brave. I want to do this for my new family. Even for my old family. They would be so proud.

With that thought in my mind, I cleared my head and cracked my knuckles.

If it's me they want, then it's me they'll get.

My names Amelia Tate and this time it wasn't me who had gotten kidnapped.

Surprisingly...