Chapter Thirty-Five

A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. I hate when I leave you guys hanging like this :/ it really makes me sad, but a lot of things have been going on lately and I know you guys say you understand but I still feel bad haha. Im going to try to update as often as I can I promise. This is going to be a short chapter I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE

Also, my birthday is coming up ^-^ May 20th to be exact, so if any of my readers want to send me sweet birthday messages, I'd greatly appreciate it! (Yes, im asking for LOVE attention lmao fight me)

----

After so many years of beating himself up about what happened with Hana and Jaeyoon, how was Yoongi supposed to step up and tell Hana she was wrong for putting him through that kind of stress. How was he supposed to tell her that he didn't deserve that kind of treatment, when he thought he did? He should've been there. He felt he deserved to feel guilty, because he was supposed to protect Hana. Why would he promise he would, if he couldn't keep his word? But alas, this was way overdue. This had to be done. There was no more avoiding it.

"Hana, can we talk?" Yoongi asked, peering into Hana's bedroom. Since it'd been raining outside, Hana had her window cracked, letting in a cool breeze and a faint rain smell from time to time. She was buried deep in her blankets, scrolling through one of the many social media apps on her phone. "Don't you want your light on? It's dark in here."

"Are you here to tell me you're on Jimin's side too?" Hana scoffed, not bothering to face her relative. "I just became the bad guy out of nowhere."

"I'm on no one's side." Yoongi kept a calm tone, wanting to keep everything as easy going as possible. "I just need to speak up for myself right now."

"So?"

"Hana, you know I wanted to be there." Yoongi told her. "Please understand that."

"You wanting to be there, and actually being there is two different things. Understand that."

"Don't you think I know that?!" Yoongi yelled, far too upset to remain calm. "I've been beating myself up every single day and night since that happened, because I couldn't be there! When I saw how bad he hurt you, I wanted to kill him, Hana! Even to this day, I want his blood on my hands, because he had yours on his!" He fought off the tears. "You're the only one in our family that's ever been there for me. Please, stop making me feel guilty, Hana." Yoongi slowly approached her bed and knelt down on the end furthest away from Hana. She remained silent, not wanting to continue the subject any further. "H-Hana," He stopped fighting the tears, and instead fought to steady his voice. "Please, look at me." He tugged on her blankets. "I love you, okay? I would protect you with my life, and I don't want you to ever doubt that. So please, look at me." Yoongi pleaded, still tugging on the blankets.

Eventually, Hana sat up and turned to face Yoongi. She stared down at him with red eyes, and lashes stuck together, making it evident she'd been crying this whole time. "I was scared without you."

"I know, I know." Yoongi gently took Hana's hands in his own. "Please forgive me. I don't care if the world's mad at me, but if it's you, the only family I have left, aside from Eun, then I can't forgive myself."

"Our own family is against us, and rather than being my cousin, you became my brother a long time ago. You were the only one willing to protect me, and yet I blamed you for everything." Before continuing, Hana lunged forward, embracing Yoongi while they both tumbled to the floor. "Because of Jaeyoon, he practically pinned us against each other. I don't want that to be the case anymore."

"Neither do I." Yoongi laughed, only slightly, patting Hana's head. "The odds are against us, and it won't help if we're against each other." Yoongi exhaled, feeling extremely relieved at the outcome of things. "As much as I enjoy this bonding and all, can you please get off of me?"

"Not until I'm done hugging you." She declined, and continued holding Yoongi. "I'm sorry I blamed you for so long."

"I'm just thankful our relationship is as strong as it is, or else we might've never came back from this."

At first, Yoongi wasn't sure whether or not he wanted to go through with speaking on something that was swept under the rug a long time ago. But now that he did, Yoongi was content with the decision. Things were no longer going to be tense between the two, and their relationship was now stronger than it had ever been.