Late

Hi again! This is already chapter 24, wow! Ok, read on! :)

---

Author's POV:

Slap!

It is probably her first time slapping her own flesh and blood. She has raised her voice innumerable amount of times at him, but to physically hurt him, it is the first time. And it is over a woman she does not agree with.

His cheek feels numb at first, but after a few moments, the pain and hotness spread throughout the red mark left on his cheek. He closes his eyelids, as though he has resigned to it. He is an unfilial son, he himself is aware about it. Thus, he believes that at least he should be obedient now, and let his Mother Empress vent her anger, at him, the one who has wronged her.

"You...." She points her index finger at the woman who is kneeling right beside her only son, her eyes carrying deadly glares and her lids tremble with ferocity. And then she finally loses it. She stomps her way towards that woman, so fast that Crown Prince does not even notice her moving.

The next thing he knows, his eyes catch the view of his love being pushed on the floors, hard. And the one who did so, is the woman who gave birth to him twenty four years ago.

"Mother Empress!" Swiftly like an eagle, Crown Prince cuts in between Jade and Empress, his arms instantly wrap around Jade as he turns his back to face the woman with the highest status in the Empire. A scoff leaves her mouth when she witnesses how her Crown Prince jumps in front of her, to protect that palace servant. It is ridiculous and infuriating.

"Very well. The Imperial Edict has already been passed down, nothing can be reversed anymore. However, do not think that I will ever acknowledge this witch." And with that, Empress angrily rushes out of Crown Prince's palace, her expression has been sour for the past few hours, behind her are her group of servants following like little chicks. She never gives a second look at Crown Prince and Jade, for her blood could have over-boiled if she does so. All Jade could do, is simply bear her urge to pour her tears out of those eyelids, as Crown Prince is right beside her, hugging her and never letting go.

---

Author's POV:

Since the day she is declared a Mistress, unpleasant rumours have circulated around the Court and harem. It is now widely-known that Crown Prince is the one who personally requested to take his servant as his Mistress, but the rumours are all meant to harm his innocent Mistress, not him. They are words of criticism. Fox. Witch. Prostitute. She has been labeled with more than those. She herself is fully-aware of all the rumours going around, but sometimes, she knows that feigning oblivious is better than showing her awareness.

It has been a corrupted stigma that has carved itself permanently into the minds of all the government officials and Imperial Family members. Palace servants are considered as lowly, for they are only taken from families with low social backgrounds, often being the daughters that are believed to be the shame of the families.

And when the Crown Prince of the Empire personally requested to take one of those palace servants as his Mistress, the Court and harem is thrown into a chaotic state. But he is still the Crown Prince, the Emperor's child with the Empress. No one dares to make direct offensive comments towards him. Thus, the only scapegoat, will be that woman who is completely oblivious about the Edict till the moment she receives it.

Each step she takes, she hears many palace servants whispering with cautious eyes in her direction. Since the moment she is declared Mistress Leanne, all her duties have been stopped and all she does everyday, is to act like those women of Emperor's harem, enjoying the luxury she never thought she could. But she is not used to them and she could not, for she would only receive even more hateful comments from the guards and palace servants if she does. They seem to have forgotten that she was once on the same status as them.