31. A killer

Thirteen's POV

It's silent for while and all eyes are on me.

"What?" I question.

"That is the most suicidal plan I've ever heard," Jason exclaims.

"I thought we already established she has a death wish," Chase says as he lets out a resigned sigh.

"I'm in!" Devin shouts enthusiastically.

I just get a blank look from Cody, and Zack looks at me confused.

"I'm sorry, I got lost right after you said the."

"That was the first word I said, Zack," I mutter through clenched teeth.

"Oh," He says, though seems to be having difficulty not only understanding, but keeping his eyes open. That's not at all like Zack. I immediately narrow my eyes at Devin.

He looks up from the papers on the table, his eyes widen slightly, and I cross my arms over my chest. He starts to shift uncomfortably under my gaze. He suddenly jumps up from his seat and points to Chase.

"It was all Chase! I didn't do it this time I swear!" He yells out, panic in his voice as if I'm going to kill him.

I turn towards Chase who merely shrugs.

"He wouldn't shut up."He puts his hands behind his head and leans back in the chair, placing his feet up on the table. "So I may or may not have slipped something into his coffee."

I run a hand over my face in exasperation. "You're all so unbelievably childish."

"I didn't do anything you wouldn't have."

"I wouldn't have drugged him." Chase gives a look that says he doesn't believe me. "I would've knocked him unconscious."

"Yeah, that's better." He retorts sarcastically.

"He's helping us." I pronounce each word as if it'll help it sink into his head.

"He's a bad guy." He growls back at me in the same tone of voice.

"No, I'm a good guy...I think." Zack pauses and looks around. "You are the good guys right?"

I sigh and grab hold of his arm, dragging him out of the room and up to his.

"Look Cody, you're getting replaced." I hear Devin chirp. There's a thud as something, Devin, falls on the floor, unfortunately he can't take a hint. "Ooo, they're going into his bedroom, I wonder what they could possibly-OW, OW, OW! Alright, I got it, I'll stop!"

I take Zack into his room and sit him on the bed. He groans and his hand moves up to his forehead, massaging it with his fingers.

"Is the room supposed to be spinning?" He asks me. I sigh and remove a syringe from my boot, loaded with the same stuff I used on Hayden. His eyes widen slightly. "What is that?"

I shrug. "It's going to hurt,"I say right before I stab it into his thigh. He grits his teeth and grabs at his leg.

"What the hell?! That freaking burns!" He shouts out after a little while.

"Well look at the bright side."

"What bright side?"

"You're no longer drugged," I reply with a shrug.

"I was drugged?"

I run a hand over my face and shake my head. "Do you even remember, the past couple hours?"

"Why? What happened?" He questions, slight panic in his voice.

I shake my head again. "Never mind," I mutter as I walk into the bathroom and toss the syringe in the trash.