p r e t e n t i o u s i n v i t e s

a/n: hello! this is a double update. :) i kind of owe it to you guys since i was late so many times. but, there might be a triple update because i am so excited for what's to come! anywho, above are the outfits for the characters and enjoy! - happy reading, dani xo

c h a p t e r t w e n t y t w o

Grocery shopping can never be undermined as an easy task alone. You begin to question the different brands or flavors, and with the broad spectrum without limitations, you may find yourself stuck in a mental battle of what exactly to choose.

Luca had gone for an orchestra tour that his uncle graciously auditioned him for without notice. He obliged, but only by my agreement for his departure. His admiration and love for music fascinates me, and it would be a crime to disturb him from his dreams.

I figured that I could easily finish my errands in this marvelous Saturday with ease, but as careless as my child-like behavior can be, the time has practically gone out of control.

"Hmm, kettle corn or regular?" The choices were restrained, frame squatting down to level off my eyesight to the box's pure design, since the type wasn't assisting in my decision making process.

My digits lifted each of the boxes, nostrils flaring at how difficult this has become.

Abruptly, my phone thwarted the process I was having and brought me to dig my fingers into the secluded pocket of my jacket. I growled at whoever was interrupted me, eyes peering at the caller ID.

Incoming call from The Traitor. . .

What does Liam even want? I've convinced myself that he doesn't truly fancy being my friend, so why does he insist on talking with me?

The kindhearted individual within me tackled the loathing reasoning for avoiding his calls and text messages and persuaded me into pressing the viridescent button.

"Vegas?" Liam's voice verbalized from the other line, restlessly if I may add.

"What do you want, Liam? You are seriously blowing up my phone everyday," I retorted, hands pushing the assorted brands of popcorn to the shelves it belonged to.

"I want to apologize. I do really mean what I'm saying, you know that, Adele," His utterance of my middle name nearly made me cringe with my eyelids twitching in dislike. "Stop cringing."

He knows me too well, I see.

"Liam, I don't know what you want me to do," I answered, shoving my cart forward down the aisle of the local grocery.

"I want you to forgive me. That's what I want you to do," He claimed as a demand, rather than a request.

"You are really hypocritical, you know that?" I grumbled.

"How?"

"You go around saying you would be there for me, and as soon as the time calls, you aren't anywhere to be seen. What even was your reasoning for not helping me, James?" I snapped his middle name in a mimicking tone, tucking the device between my ear and shoulder.

"I told you, I was being stupid. I should of been there, but I was...distracted." 

"Distracted? That is your reasoning? Gee, you could of come up with something less idiotic!" I hissed, bringing bystanders to observe my harsh expression and figure out why my voice had projected.