CHAPTER 20

|••• Violet's POV •••|

       "What?" Jasmine yells and I had to literally cover my ears for protection.

"Chill, will you? You are reacting way too much." I say.

"Gabrielle is Shane's mom?" She rhetorically asks which makes me wonder whether it is really that difficult to digest.

"It's not that hard to register." I shrug.

"Anyways, did he mention anything about me?" She asks me, excitement evident in her tone.

"Nothing apart from you guys being friends." I smile.

"Just a friend?" She asks dejectedly.

"Look, you guys just started knowing each other. Give some time and I am sure that things will develop the way you want them to." I say.

"But even after that almost kiss, all he says is we are friends. I expected something more than that." She says with a sad smile.

"All you need is patience. You're getting there." I pat her back.

"Yeah if you think so. By the way, first lecture?" She asks.

"History." I groan.

"Try not dozing off." She snickers while we get outside the locker rooms.

__________________

"So the seeds of the second world war were rooted when Hitler cancelled the Treaty of Versailles..." Mr. Jones was explaining and I clearly was having a hard time trying to be awake.

Just as I was doubting the sanity of the person who introduced the subject, my eyes witness Sam entering the class.

And there is only one plausible explanation as to why he is attending history. That is me.
No, I am not getting ahead of myself but something in his eyes showcase that it is me. That mischievous glint in his eyes which shines as he catches me staring at his every move.

I turn my face from his direction and  see girls fixing their hair and throwing seductive glances at him while he was brutally ignoring their existence. I involuntarily turn towards him and notice his attire. He wore a full sleeved shirt to cover his arm and a beanie on his forehead just like yesterday night making me smirk at him.

His stare holds me transfixed and I can very well see the anger in his eyes which radiating with such an intensity in my direction.

'You are in trouble, Ms. Feisty!'

His words from yesterday night replayed in my head. I still have five days to go for this horrible week to be over and I can already imagine the consequences but I kept up my stance so as to not give him the satisfaction that his gaze scares me.
Thankfully, the places around me weren't vacant so he sat three benches behind me but I could feel his burning gaze on my back.

After awhile when my eyelids were very near to fluttering close, somebody tapped on my shoulder. I turned around with my eyebrow raised. The guy behind me - his name was James I think gave me a chit and pointed towards Sam. I looked at him to find him smirking at me.

I kept that chit in my pocket, not bothering to open it now.
Again, I felt a tap.

"What?" I hissed at James.

"Open and read it right now." He whispered. "Sam threatens to switch places with me if you don't." He further warns.

Ugh! This guy was im-freaking-possible.

Since I didn't want him so close behind me, I took out the chit and read it-

After lunch break, my house. We need to finish some unsettled business.