16 | Always

This chapters name is dedicated to the legend Alan Rickman who we sadly lost a few weeks ago, he was truly a great actor, and is greatly missed. :(:

+

Lydia moved swiftly across the ground as she blocked Anakin's hit, the blue beam glistening on her sweaty skin. Her eyes focused on Anakin's, and he smirked.

"Don't give up yet." He said. "Use the Force."
She closed her eyes, feeling the Force flow through her body. Her shaky hands calmed, allowing her to hold the lightsaber hilt tightly.

She pushed her lightsaber against his, and he stumbled back barely. She smiled, knowing it was progress.
"You're better than I thought."
"Don't underestimate me just yet." Lydia said as Anakin grinned.

He swung his lightsaber, and she ducked in time. She flipped through the air, landing behind him. As he turned, their lightsabers continued to collide.

The clothing Lydia wore made it easier for her to train. Instead of a dress, she wore leggings and a black tunic; similar to Anakin's.
Anakin's hair stuck to his forehead as he fought back, knowing Lydia was almost as strong as him. His muscles flexed to add more strength, which worked.

Once she stumbled backward, Anakin grabbed her waist before she could fall. His prosthetic hand landed firmly against the ground, the other behind her back.

"I'd say I've gotten better." She breathed, causing Anakin to laugh.
Standing up straight, they stared at each other until Anakin pulled away, turning off his lightsaber.

He pulled his comlink out of the pocket in his tunic, and looked up at Lydia.
"Excuse me."

She watched as he walked towards the bridge over the water, and she smiled to herself.

                                     ***

Anakin stared at the shaky hologram as Obi-Wan stood.
"We've recently discovered who is behind the assassination attempts." He said. Anakin stared, creasing his brow.
"Who is it?" He asked, watching Obi-Wan looked around him.
"It seems that the Bounty Hunter by the name of Jango Fett.. He is relative with the Kamino System."
"What do we do?" Anakin asked, wondering if he should take her back to Coruscant or not.

"Stay where you are." He answered. "Jango does not know where the Princess is. Lets keep it that way."
"Alright." Anakin said.
"And do not tell her anything that I just told you."
"What?" Anakin asked. "I can't keep it from her, Master. She's worried for her own safety."
"Which is why you are there to protect her and train her." He said to his former apprentice. "Do as you are told, Anakin."

Anakin clenched his jaw tightly as his hand rested on his arm. "Yes, Master."
Obi-Wan nodded. "We'll stay in touch. May the Force be with you."
"May the Force be with you, Master."

Lydia sat on the sofa in her black night gown, reading the small book she held in her hands. When Anakin walked in, she set it down, and looked at him.

Her eyes scanned him as she felt Anakin's worry, and she began to worry. "Anakin?"
"Forgive me, Obi-Wan was trying to get ahold of me." He replied, sitting down next to her.
She stared at his face as he looked towards the warm fire. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong." He said blankly. "How did you make a fire?"
"Stop trying to change the subject." Lydia said concernedly.

Anakin exhaled before turning his head to her, and she stiffened. "Something's bothering you."
He didn't say anything as he stared at her.
She blinked as she sensed his emotions. "They found who is trying to kill me."
He slowly nodded.
She looked away, folding her hands. Her heart raced inside of her chest, and Anakin sighed.

"Obi-Wan told me not to tell you."
"You didn't." She muttered. "I figured it out."
"We're only trying to protect you."
"But you're worried." She said as she stood. Anakin looked up at her with sad eyes.
"And when you're worried, so am I. Because I'm scared to lose you."

Anakin gaped in shock at Lydia's words, and she closed her eyes.
"You're the only one who has shown me through darkness.. You're the lightness in my life." She said, beginning to wonder if she had sounded stupid to him.
She opened her eyes once she felt metal fingers against her hand. His prosthetic hand wrapped around hers, and he pulled her towards him.

"You will always be protected." He whispered to her as she sat back down.
"What?" She asked.
As their faces drew closer, she swallowed.
"Always."

And with that, he pressed his lips to hers.

To Lydia, Anakin was one thing she never wanted to let go of. To Anakin, Lydia was intoxicating.
As their lips moved in sync, she wrapped her arms around his neck as he leaned closer. She laid back as he hovered over her, and they stared into each others eyes as they pulled away.

"Always."