A Beginning to an End

Vitaliya's compound was rather hidden away at the slopes of Sokovia, and just like the past few weeks in the Sokovian winter, it was beyond frigid. But the weather was of no concern when they had issues to worry about such as Natasha and Roman's lives.

Upon entering the loading docks it quickly became apparent there was a fight going on, but with who, they didn't know. As Pietro and Clint began to wander around the ginormous warehouse the sounds were stronger. They were hearing a female voice and lots of bangs.

"Pietro, you need to go check that out," Clint whispered urgently.

Pietro nodded, understanding that Clint wanted him to interrupt whatever skirmish was currently echoing through the large room.

So in what would appear to be a wispy blue blur to the human eye, Pietro disappeared from Clint's side to search for the apparent fight currently happening.

-

Nadia paced around Dr. Cho's office helping with simple offhand tasks the doctor needed while she worked to synthesize a cure for the toxin in Wanda and Pietro.

In front of the doctor lay the exact chemical makeup for the toxin as well as some cryptic notes for a solution. And while Nadia could understand most of it, she had no idea where to start for a cure. And that was why she was thankful the Avengers had doctor Cho or Wanda would still be lying unconscious on a sick bed, not only that but both twins would be left without a cure.

Doctor Cho suddenly began writing furiously as if she had come across something that she'd forget in the next few seconds. Hurriedly, the doctor got up from her chair.

"Wanda, I need you to come with me. Tell Nadia to follow."

Wanda nodded. "Nadia, doctor Cho wants us to go with her. I think she found something."

"Alright."

Nadia followed Wanda and Doctor Cho out the doors. The doctor was practically jogging down the halls.

"What is going on?" Wanda questioned, having trouble keeping pace.

Doctor Cho slowed down a bit, turned her head, then have Wanda a serious look. "I don't think that there's just some sort of toxin in you or Pietro. It never made sense that you two had voices in your heads from an actual person. I'm taking you for a scan because I think I may have been looking for the wrong thing all this time. Bluntly said, I think you two may have a chip in your heads."

"Chip?"

"Some sort of device that enables this woman in your head to communicate with you and your brother."

Wanda blinked in surprise but didn't deny the possibility. The amount of weird shit she had come in contact with in the past few years had almost taken away her ability to be surprised at such things. First, aliens invaded New York, then she and her brother were turned into living science experiments for Hydra and next she knew there was a city floating in the sky. Not to mention her brother had come back from the dead. So, in some ways, she really wasn't surprised to find out the news.

"And how would you get this chip out?" Wanda asked.

Doctor Cho smiled. "They same way they put it in. In fact, it's more than likely placed somewhere safe, otherwise, you wouldn't be functioning properly right now."

Nadia gave Wanda a curious look. She found herself regretting the fact that she had skipped out on learning English.

"The doctor thinks there's a chip that allows Vitaliya to communicate with me and Pietro," Wanda explained.

"That... Makes more sense. I think that if Dr. Cho is right then it may be even easier to help the two of you."

Wanda desperately hoped that the process would be made easier by the potential discovery.