3| Polyjuice Potion

I was absolutely furious.

"Blaise!" I shouted stomping down the stairs to the common room. "Why is Hera missing from her cage?" He spun around, green eyes wide. Draco smirked, sat next to him. Blaise Zabini was the notorious owl thief. His owls always ended up getting lost on their way to deliver messages, and even, sadly, killed. After the loss of his fifth owl, he was banned from them.

"Borrow them from your friends!" He'd imitated his mother. "You don't even bother name them because they always end up dead the second day you buy them."

"Sorry, Elvira," he said, but he didn't seem very apologetic. "She was right there and I needed her for a very important message, if you know what I mean."

"If she end up dead, I will destroy you," I said to him. "She's lasted five years with me. Do not take away her sixth year of happiness."

"Oh, come off it," he said with a sly smile, "she'll be back. I didn't send her too far away . . ." I nearly punched his teeth in. Before I could take action, though, Pansy barged into the room, fuming. Blaise flinched.

"Zabini! Where is my owl?"

Malfoy snickered.

ϟ ϟ ϟ

Surprisingly, Malfoy attended potions. I wanted to ask him where he'd been, but obviously there would be no reply. I tapped my shoe on the floor, trying to keep my mouth shut. Come on, Steele. Mind your own business.

"Where have you been?" I blurted in a loud whisper, facing him. To my surprise, he was already watching me with a scowl.

"Stop tapping. I can't focus," he hissed. "And mind your own business."

"Today we'll be concocting polyjuice potion. Can someone tell me what that is?"

Of course, Granger's hand shot up. Well, obviously she knew what it was. After the troll mishap, it was I who had helped them infiltrate the Slytherin dungeons to get vital information out of Draco. All for good cause, of course. I would do anything to protect the school. I even helped Hermione steal the supplies for the potion! And this was how they repaid me.

"Imagine one of the against a Venomous Tentacula," I mocked in her high voice. "Goody two shoes." Ugh. I raised my hand, but obviously, Hermione was picked on first.

"Polyjuice Potion is a potion that allows the drinker to assume the form of someone else. It's a complicated and challenging potion that even adult witches and wizards struggle to brew correctly. The potion is incredibly advanced and has two separate parts that contain steps for each part, when brewing is complete the potion has to stew for a month before usage," she recited by heart. I sank back into my seat, irked.

"Who are you talking to?" Malfoy gave me a weird look.

"Nobody. Mind your own business," I retorted. What had a done to be trapped in a sit next to this ego-inflated, big-headed, scowl-faced . . .

"You remind me of that Ravenclaw girl," Malfoy said with a smirk. "You know, blond hair, big glasses . . . Loony?"

"Luna," I corrected. "She's not loony. She looks at the world from a different, more intelligent point of view. Unlike some people." I rolled my eyes.

"Please tell me who paid you to infiltrate Slytherin," he said. "You're no more than a Hufflepuff."

"Excuse me!" I gasped. "No more than a Hufflepuff? They're the kindest people I know. They are loyal and would do anything for you if you were to ask them nicely."