Chapter Twenty Three

"I heard you were rather upset about Cedric and Marnie not inviting you to the wedding." Remus said as he and Eleanor sat outside the Burrow.

"Were? I'm still pissed about it." Eleanor told him. "They are my best friends, and...I get a letter after they tie the knot? Unbelievable. I thought we were closer than that."

"I'm sure they had their reasoning, Ellie."

"Yeah, but to find out through a letter it's...just rude." Eleanor stood up on the steps. "I mean, Marnie is supposed to be my maid of honor-"

"Were you expecting to be her maid of honor?"

"No, that's not what I meant. I meant that we are so close that I made her my maid of honor, I would have expected more from my two best friends. Instead they tell me at the end of the letter no less, by the way we got married."

"You think it's a joke, perhaps? Marnie tends to have that warped sense of humor."

"Yeah but Cedric doesn't and he wouldn't agree to that. He knows that's just cruel.'

Remus folded his hands, " Well what are you going to do about it? Are you going to tell them how you feel?"

"I sure am, when they get back here. I'm telling them face to face, until then they aren't getting a letter back. Well...maybe they won't get one after I send the one congratulating them."

Remus laughed. "Yes that ought to stick it to them."

Eleanor made a face at him as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Ugh," she dropped her arms moment later, " I'm horrible at staying mad. I'll probably just end up apologizing later on.'

"It's alright, Ellie. I'm sorry to say that you probably get that from me."

She smiled and sat down next to him again. "I guess I am a penguin." she mumbled to herself.

"What was that?" Remus asked.

"Nothing." Eleanor said quickly. "I was just thinking of something Nixie told me earlier today."

"Ah, about that, Ellie...I know that Sirius and Nixie come across as funny and-"

"Dad, relax. I just went over there to spend the day." she said. "That's all."

"Doing stuff?" Remus said as Eleanor giggled.

"Yes."

Remus rubbed his forehead. "Can we be specific on the stuff?"

Eleanor let out a heavy sigh before turning to face her father. "I didn't want to tell you, and Sirius and Nixie didn't want you to find out."

"A-about what?"

"Nixie and Sirius well...we all...we all went and got manicures today." Eleanor told him.

"What?"

Eleanor held her hands up. "It was great, my nail bed is incredibly smooth!"

Remus sat there with a puzzled expression. "All three of you got a manicure!?"

"Shhh! It's not like Sirius wanted everyone to know! But he got a padicure."

Remus pinched the bridge of his nose while his daughter laughed beside him.

"Good talk, Dad." she said patting his shoulder before heading inside.

Eleanor glanced down at the penguins on her pajamas as she sat up in bed, when Fred walked in after wishing George a good night.

He took a running start and flopped onto the bed.

"Ready for bed?" he asked.

"I'm still a bit awake right now." Eleanor told him.

"Aww poor Ellie." he pouted at her until she hit him with a pillow.

"Hey! I think I've been hit quite enough today, thank you."

"Oh yes, I heard all about the girly consultation."

"Ugh." Fred laid back. "I'm never going to hear the end of this one. I honestly thought you were with my mum."

"I thought about it, but I figure I bother your mother enough-"

"You could never bother my mother Eleanor, it's like physically impossible for you to do so. She's placed you above George and I in family standings. We're neighbors compared to you."

"That's not true!" she laughed lying down beside him. "And I didn't mean, bother...but I normally always go to her to vent, so I thought I would go to Nixie and Sirius. And worked out for the better. "

"Did it?"

"Yeah," she wrapped one arm around him and scooting her body closer to his. "I started my lessons today."

"Lessons? Lessons in sassiness with Sirius and Nixie? I don't think you need those, love."

"No not sassy lessons, if I needed those I would go to Grandpa Lupin.'

"Right, the Sass Master himself. Wait so what lessons?"

"Swear you won't tell anyone?"

"Eleanor, you know we're about to get married, I would like to think you trust me enough to keep your secrets."

"Well, it's not going to remain a secret forever, but just for the time being." she said.

"It's alright, you can tell me. I won't tell anyone, even George."

"You can tell George. I expect you to tell George. But George better keep it to himself."

"Okay it'll remain between us three then."

"And Nixie and Sirius."

"And Nixie and Sirius. What's going on?"

"I'm working on becoming an animagus." she whispered to him.

Fred's eyes widened slightly. 'Really?"

She nodded her head. "It's for my dad, so that he's not alone during his..."

"Long furry night?"

"Exactly."