Chapter 7: "..Daddy is going away tomorrow.."

Natalie's POV

"What do you mean you're leaving tomorrow?"I frowned, and watched as Carter packed his suitcase with guns. After dinner had ended, Carter told me about Sergei. 

"Nat we discussed this," Carter sighed.

"I know but," I paused,"It's just short notice." Carter walked up to me, and pulled me close.

"Look I know it's short notice, but it's Cole,"Carter sighed,"He'll die if we don't save him."

"Then I'm coming with you,"I huffed. Carter cupped my face, then kissed me. 

"Nat you can't come, you're going to stay here with the kids," He stated

"Nat you can't come, you're going to stay here with the kids," He stated. I sat on the bed, and tugged at my hair.

"What if something goes wrong?" I panicked,"You're all the way in Russia so I can't do anything."

"Look babe," he smiled softly,"If we're not back in two weeks. Bring a team, and come get us. Okay?"

"Okay," I frowned. Carter kissed my forehead, and there was a knock at our bedroom door. "Come in," Carter boomed, and quickly zipped up his suitcase. Lucy walked in, and walked over to us.

"Can I talk to mom alone?" Lucy asked. Carter nodded then walked out of the room.

"What's up sweetheart?"I smiled, and ruffled her hair. She sat next to me, and looked at me.

"Is it okay to like," she paused,"Older men?"

"Of course as long as it's in a decent range," I replied.

"Soo like 2 years is okay?" she asked. What's she up to?

"Yeah, why do you want to kno-" I cut myself off,"Is this about Wesley?" Lucy face turned red, and she looked down at her lap. "It is!" I squealed, then covered my mouth.

"Yes I like Wesley," she smiled,"I like him a lot." 

"Oh my little girls first crush," I fake sniffled. Lucy chuckled.

"How do I get Wesley to like me? Kayden doesn't like me being around his friends," she frowned.

"Don't worry about Kayden, he'll get over it. And if you want Wesley to like you just be yourself,"I admitted.

"Thanks mom," she smiled, and hugged me. I hugged her back then kissed her forehead.

"You're welcome Sweet Pea," I smiled. When we pulled away she ran out of the room. My babies are growing up. 

I got up from the bed, and walked out of the bedroom. Walking downstairs, I headed straight for Carter's office. Without knocking, I walked in and saw Carter counting money.

"We should tell the kids," I frowned. Carter put all of the money into a back pack, and walked over to me.

"Lets go," he smiled, and grabbed my hand.