Independence Day.

~Brea~

I spun around as a young frosty villain tried to punch me and elbowed her head. Mom let out a canary cry and the young ice girl clenched her ears. Mom ran over and hand cuffed the kid.

"Little Bird?" Mom asked, I turned to her. Her hands were on her hips and she had an expectant look on her face.

"Coming Canary." I called and ran over.

"Excited?" Mom whispered and I looked up at her.

"Of course! Today's the day." I winked and Mom laughed as we started to make our way to the Hall.

|At the Hall of Justice|

Mom and I came running up just as Dad and Speedy came in. "Look there's Black Canary and Kid Canary!" Someone yelled. I turned a waved to them.

"I hear Green Arrow is her father." Someone else from the crowd yelled.

"No, he's speedy's!" Another yelled back.

I rolled my eyes, did people really say things like that expecting an answer?

"Oh, man! I knew we'd be the last ones here!" I heard Wally whine, I turned and saw my fiery headed best friend. He walked over to us, I looked over and smiled at him and he winked playfully as I elbowed him in the side.

"Well I'll be surprise the speedsters are late." I joked and Mom let out a small laugh before putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Ready to see the inner sanctum?" Aquaman asked looking at all of us. I smiled and nodded confidently.

"Born that way." Speedy smiled, I looked up and him and he smiled. He was like the big brother I never had. He looked down at me a ruffled my hair and I elbowed him.

"I'm glad we're all here." Aqualad told us as we began walking into the famous Hall of Justice. I'd been here a thousand times with both mom and dad. One of the few perks to having superhero's as parents but today was the day the very first time that I went not as their daughter but as a superhero.

"Have all four sidekicks ever been in the same place at the same time?" Wally asked I elbowed him in the guts.

"Five sidekicks, KFC." I mocked.

"I am a superhero not a food chain thank you very much." Wally scoffed, his eyes narrowed at me. He hated that nickname I gave him.

"Don't call us sidekicks, not after today." Roy snapped at Wally. I raised an eyebrow at his attitude, he had been acting weird lately, as soon as we got the news about getting accepted into the league.

"Sorry, first time at the hall...I'm a little overwhelmed." Wally said awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck. I patted his back and smiled at him softly, I think we all were a little overwhelmed.

"You're overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone just whelmed?" Robin asked, I shook my head at the stupid boy we walked into the hall. I front of us stood giant statues of all the Justice League. Superman front and center, Wonder Woman off to the left side and Batman off the his right. "Oh maybe that's why." He laughed as he looked over at us.

I looked up at statues of all the leaguers and smiled. Today was the day.

"Robin, Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Kid Canary, welcome. You now have unlimited access to the gym, our fully stocked galley, and of course our library." Martian Manhunter told us. Wally and I high-fived, and Robin smiled at us too, Aqualad nodded along pleased as well.