Chapter 93

-

"I haven't talked to you in a while." Rick stated, walking up to me.

"I know." I replied, getting my bag out of the backseat of the truck.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"Pretty good. How's your chest?" I inquired, walking down the street with him.

"Good, the soreness is leaving." He answered.

"How's your anxiety?" He interrogated.

"It's okay, I've been clean four days." I replied.

"That's good." He replied.

"I'm fine until I'm left alone with my thoughts and then my brain doesn't stop making me remember everything." I replied.

-

"I'm going with Daryl to go look for people. He said he figured out where these two people are staying, and we're going to go get them. I'll be back tomorrow probably." Adam explained as I followed him into his room.

I nodded, watching as he loaded up his guns.

"You gonna be okay?" He asked.

He was pretty much the reason I hadn't took Xanax in four days because he kept my mind off things.

"Yeah." I replied.

"If you need me let me know and I'll come straight back." He replied, handing me a walkie talkie.

"I think I'll be okay." I replied, following him outside.

"Ready?" Daryl asked Adam once we walked up to the truck.

"Yeah." Adam replied, Daryl getting in the truck.

"Don't die." I replied, hugging him.

"I'll try not to." He replied as I pulled away.

"It'd be cool if we could leave before dark!" Daryl yelled from the truck.

I threw my middle finger up at him before watching Adam get in the truck.

I turned and walked back to where I found Carl and Judith on the porch.

"What's up?" I asked Carl who was reading a comic.

"Why are girls so stupid?" Carl asked, closing the comic book.

"Excuse me?" I fired back, Judith cooing out.

"Not you. There's this girl, Enid, and I think she likes me, but then she just shuts off and pushes me away." He replied.

"What happened to Megan?" I inquired.

"She died like a month ago." He replied.

"Oh." I mumbled.

"Anyway, what do I do? She likes you, by the way. She always talks about how you're so cool and pretty." He replied.

"Aww, where is she?" I asked.