Chapter 11 || Eerie

It is often that in the darkest sky we see the brightest star

Chapter 11: Eerie (Short Chapter Sorry!)

"Stay out here, you will not get anything except for water so you can live" he shouts at me, I back away with a frown, I need to find information on him and now he decides to lock me up in the backyard. How rude. He slams the glass door on my making me groan. I huff in annoyance and walk to the middle of the yard. A task is assigned to me, and I must finish it, but the only thing is, how do I?

"Oh and Rosella" I hear Ryder call out. I turn around and see him smirking at me. "9:05" is all he says, and that makes a tremendous shiver trail through my body. The time'9:05' has been stuck in my mind and every time I hear it, it's like it's echoing in my mind to taunt me constantly about it.

I try to hide my brimming tears that want to come forcefully out, just by the thought of what will happen. I take a deep breath and force myself to smile, well now what shall I do? I pace back in forth humming a tune my mom would sing to me whenever she wanted me to sleep. I haven't seen my family for two years; I wonder if they miss me, or what they think of me? I wonder if they are having fun with their life. Ryder isn't allowing me to have any updates on them which are pretty crucial because they are my family, and I need to know about them.

The fact I don't have a phone with me right now sucks. I am such a lonely girl as I have mentioned this to myself many times. Wait a minute! When Ryder says 9:05, that means he is going somewhere isn't he. Oh, my god! When he leaves, I can go inside quietly and search for some clues.

What a perfect Idea Roe! I walk up to the porch and look through the glass door casually. I can see Ryder's back facing me and he is wearing his coats and stuff. Now all I have to do is wait for him to leave so I can go inside and look for stuff.

I eye him carefully hoping he won't catch me, my eyes follow as he leaves the house. I quickly run off the porch and to the backyard gate. From one of my eye, I place it into the hole that is on the wooden gate and watch Ryder get into the car and leave off.

"He's gone, thank God" I mutter to myself, a grin tuggs on my lips. Now time to go inside. I walk up towards the door, with great confidence I hold on to handle, and suddenly my eyes blind with yellow light; my body jolts in electric pain and before I know it I fly back hitting the grass with a hard thud. Ow, what even was that?! I inhale heavily. Looking up my eyes widen as I see a yellow glow shield on the door. This doesn't make sense, what is this? This seems like magic? When did werewolves ever have magic?

I stare at the door as if it were some monster; my eyebrows furrow, I squint my eyes in order to see clearly if there are any clues. I get up rubbing myself and rip out a branch. I take the branch and aim for the door. The branch zips in air, and shockingly it doesn't hit the door, but instead it hits some yellow glowing shield that fades away when it's not been touch.

Well one clue of Ryder, this odd protection shield. I shake my hand in distraught as I still feel the buzzing sensation on the tip of my fingers. He is very weird and has so much hatred towards me. Why do I feel like he is not what we all think he is?

Do werewolves have magical powers, or did someone else put that kind of magical thing there. Oh I just can't take it anymore, too many questions are exploding my brain, and I have no clue what to do. I sigh and lean against one of the tallest trees in our yard.

"psst!" I hear a small whisper. What the? I look around, but there is no one, who just whispered to me? It must be my mind playing.

"Roe!" I hear the voice whispering even louder. I get up, and my eye immediately turns around and there I see who I didn't expect to see in so long. My brother, he is positioned on the fence like a spider man; leaving me no choice but to laugh at him.

"Hunter what are you doing here!" I yell at him. He jumps down from the fence and walks towards me giving me a big hug. "I missed you" I grin, I am so happy to see him! It feels like it has been ages.

"I have some new discoveries on your so-called-mate," He says. I take his hands and walk him towards the tree where I was leaning against.

"Sure tell me," I say, as we both sit down.

"So Ryder has had no mate before, his family died a very long time ago, and that is why he is like Justin's step brother. Ryder has never once been an alcoholic drinker or laid a hand on anyone. His whole life was happy with Justin, but for some odd reason as soon as he claimed you his mate something about him changed as if it was magical!" He says the magical loudly.

Flashbacks come across my mind from the first day I saw him drink, and he said he was a drinker, he said he smoked, and he just doesn't like me, and I ruined his life. Though what Hunter is telling me, I have nothing to do this his life. Speaking of magic! The magic protection thing!

"Hunter watch this! So I am locked outside, as you can see. Since Ryder is out, I wanted to go back in, but this invisible magical shield wouldn't let me." I tell him as I get up and pick a stick from the ground. He looks at me confusingly, I throw the stick and instead of hitting the door it hits the magical shield.

"Whoa, that can't be possible!" Hunter mumbles, his mouth wide open and his eyes popped. "This is what wizards have, what is it called again it's called a protection spell. One of my friends was a wizard, and he would always shield his doors so no one can intrude. That is strange how did that happen to the door? Who did it? Ryder, can't he is a werewolf? This is very confusing there must be someone else with him" Hunter proclaims. I have to agree with him because what he said does make loads of sense.

If Ryder did use magic I would see him, but then I feel like there is someone else in this house, and I need to find out who it is. I think someone lies under the basement, but no one knows who it is.

"Hunter, you should go back before anyone sees you. From the house or you know Ryder..."

"I don't want to leave you here, this is too dangerous, I am anxious about you."

"Do not worry I have handled this for three years I can do this" I smile placing my hands on his cheeks. I can see him shrug. I give him a one last tight hug and with that, I make him leave before Ryder comes home. Once Hunter is out of sight, my stomach started to grumble. I am starving, I walk up to the porch where the water is put. I drink a glass full but still that doesn't stop my stomach from growling.

---

"ROSELLA!" My beauty sleep is interrupted by a thunderous noise. I wake up, and my eyes meet with Ryder's. I look at the sky it is already pitch black, oh shoot I missed the time didn't I. Before I can get up, Ryder's huge hands come for my hairs and pulls me up by my hair.

I shriek in pain, hoping my hair won't  rip off.

"It is time! For you to do as I say!" he says, breathing close to my face. He is so close to me that I really feel like puking because of his disgusting smell.

Vote and Comment + Stay Always Happy!