The Offer

It started out like any other night. I stand on a rooftop in Blüdhaven watching my city, waiting to see some trouble, and considering it's Blüdhaven I undoubtably will. I'm about to move to a different perch when I feel someone behind me, eschrima sticks in hand I turn to face the person who thinks they can sneak up on me. I almost drop my sticks when I see who it is, almost. I'm far to well trained for that.
"Aqualad." I state calmly. I look behind him and spot Miss M, Supey and Wally in the background...oh Wally, I've missed him, missed all of them really.
"So you know who I am, that is good, I am here with an offer, we have been following your work and would like to know if you would be interested in joining a team?" He speaks with his formal Atlantian accent, comforting me with its familiarity despite the years it's been since I last heard it.  So while I'm overcome with nostalgia it's clear they have no idea who I really am. This is perplexing, should I tell them? Should I go back, run the risk of things be just the same as they were? I have to admit I have been getting lonely and despite how everything went down when I left I know the team wasn't the real issue, but still I don't want things to go back exactly the way they were, and honestly I'm more than a little embarrassed about the way I left. It was rash and immature and they deserved better than that.  I'm about to say thanks but no thanks and spare us all a whole awkward  ordeal when I get an idea ,maybe there is a compromise.
I stick my hand out and say,
"It's nice to formally meet you, I would love to join your team."