Chapter 8: T-minus 8 hours and counting...

Helena's P.O.V.

I vaguely remember how I got home -- or how I ended up in the shower -- washing away the memory of what I had been forced to witness. I also do not remember how I ended up in my bed shaking and still in shock from what had happened a few hours priors.

I know I fell asleep sometime after. The nightmares reminded me that fatigue had overtaken my body. The faces of the two guys that tried to rape me. Beaten, gagged and a bullet hole in the middle of their foreheads will forever be ingrained in my memory. How they did not even see their fate being sealed by Lucifer himself... Kane.

Waking up in a pool of my own sweat, I lay on my bed still. Afraid of moving and having to wake up to what will be my reality today and for days to come.

I get up and slowly make my way to my bathroom to take another shower. After, I get out and look at myself in the mirror. My face has no emotion, bags under my eyes are appearing. I look like a freaking zombie.

I finish what I had to do to make myself somewhat decent. Not that it matters since I will be a complete mess later. In T-minus 8 hours I had to break up with Ethan before the Grim Reaper took him away from me.

Getting dressed I make my way downstairs, say goodbye to my parents and go outside to meet a very cheerful Ethan who is leaning against his pickup truck.

"Good morning beautiful." He chirps pushing himself off the truck. Making his way over to me he hands me a cup of hot chocolate and a bag.

"Morning, thanks." Muttering as I grab the items letting him embrace me for what will most likely be the last time. I enjoyed it and hated it, smelling his cologne that I love so much I pulled away giving him a weak smile.

"What is the matter babe? Another bad dream?" He asks concern in his eyes and voice. If he only knew.

Nodding my head yes, I sigh. "I will be alright."

He stares at me then sighs. "Okay, let's go. Make sure you eat your breakfast that your awesome boyfriend brought you." he says grabbing my backpack swinging it over his shoulder. This is the reason why I love him so much. Ethan is sweet and very thoughtful.

Opening the door to his truck I get in. Placing my hot chocolate on the cup holder I then put my seatbelt on. Settling in the seat, I pull out my egg and cheese croissant out of the bag which he knows it is one of my favorites. Getting in he places my bag in the back seat then starts the engine.

Looking over to me he leans over a few inches from my face. "You would tell me if there were something going on or is bothering you. Right?"

I look in between his eyes noticing the worry in them. How can I tell him? I nod my head yes slowly. "Yes. I will tell you after school, just not right now. Okay? I am very tired and I -- I just want to spend the rest of the day happy with you. I do not want anything to get in the way of us today..." I trail off not noticing that my eyes are beginning to water.