Chapter Twenty Six

Time was going by fast and with Eleanor busying her time between knitting, her animagus training, and working with the twins, she hadn't realized how far time had actually gone. She was working on a jumper when Fred approached her.

"I don't remember you get a special order in," he said walking over and seeing the jumper to be in her hands.

"Ah, that's because I didn't get a special order in this week. I am making this one on my own."

"As if you don't have enough knitted jumpers.." Fred smiled.

"It's not for me." she told him.

"Oh, than who's it for?"

"Your mother."

"What?"

"Her birthday is coming soon, Fred, I hope you didn't forget that."

"How could I forget my mother's birthday, it's the day before Halloween." Fred said.

"Well, it's coming up, and since she's made everyone over time a jumper, I thought it would be really nice if we made her a jumper. Or rather if I made her a jumper. You still need a little work before we move on to jumpers." she giggled.

"Hey those mittens were a huge improvement from the scarf."

"Yes they were." she told him with a smile. 'But a jumper is going to take much longer and a lot more effort."

"I'll leave that to you then."

'I figured so."

Fred sat down beside her watching her hands at work when George came in through the flat door.

"Umm...are you two busy?" he asked.

"Not particularly." Eleanor said covering Fred's mouth before he gave a witty reply.

"Good...good...do you mind coming downstairs to the shop for a few minutes?"

"Why?" Fred asked. "We've already closed up shop for the day."

"Just come on." George huffed before leaving downstairs.

Fred turned to Eleanor. "I thought he was leaving on a date, why do we have to go downstairs to the shop?"

Eleanor sighed and just patted his head. "You're lucky you're so pretty sometimes, Fred. Come on."

Downstairs, George was seen standing next to a woman that Fred recognized but couldn't place a name, while Eleanor greeted her happily with a hug.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" Fred asked.

Eleanor and George covered their faces with their hands.

"He's turning into Ron." George muttered.

Eleanor laughed as she lowered her hands and then walked over to Fred.

"Fred, darling, this is Judith. She works at the Rose Lee tea shop here in Diagon Alley."

"Oh." Fred said. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well." Judith smiled at him politely after shaking his hand.

Fred stood there looking at his brother and then Eleanor who made a face at him.

"Wait a second...tea...George...Judith..." Finally, he put the pieces of the puzzle together. "You're the one dating my brother?"

Judith's cheeks flushed to a bright pink as she nodded.

"That makes so much sense, now. Considering our flat has turned into the number one export of tea bags in the country." Fred joked.

George turned nearly as red as his hair as Judith looked over at him with a knowing smirk.

"I heard you figured it out awhile back." Judith said to Eleanor.

Eleanor shrugged humbly.

"It only became obvious when I met you in the shop with Renna, and realized there must have been a reason why George had so many teas in the cupboards upstairs.

George cleared his throat to get the attention off the subject, but he didn't need to as Fred clapped his hands together as another thought raced through his head.

"Now, I recognize you. Ravenclaw...you were the girl always yelling in the stands."

"Guilty.' Judith said. "Sorry I get really into quidditch."

"Do you play?" Eleanor asked.

"No." Judith shook her head.

"But she does make golden snitches alongside her grandfather."

"Whoa." Eleanor and Fred said impressed.

"That's awesome! I wish I knew how to do something like that, metal charming..." Eleanor said.

"Um...I'm pretty sure you beat me with knitting." Judith chuckled.

"Wait a second, so if we're meeting Judith, does that mean...you're going to introduce her to the family?" Fred smiled at his brother.

"Yeah, actually..I've met Judith's grandparents and her brother, so I figured I...introduce you all formally, I know you already met Ellie."

"Your mother is going to probably pass out from excitement." Eleanor replied.

"Well, thank you for keeping it a secret this long, Ellie." George said.

"No problemo, Jorge."

"That means no problem, George." Fred translated to Judith.

"Oh thank you, I don't think I would have ever quite figured it out.'

While George and Judith left to the Burrow so that George could introduce her to Molly and Arthur, Fred and Eleanor returned upstairs.

"You know what....go get dressed." Fred said to Eleanor.

Eleanor peered down at her clothes.

"Uh...am I naked right now?"

"No...I meant get your shoes on." Fred told her.

"Why? I like walking around in socks around the flat."

"Yes but I'm sure you're going to want something on your feet when we go outside."

"Why are we going outside?"

"Because we're going somewhere Ellie."

"Where?"

Fred sighed. "I'm trying to take you out on a date, quit being difficult."

'Oh a date and what's the occasion?"

"There is no occasion other than the fact that I want to take you out. How many more questions are you going to ask?"

"That depends, how many more questions are you willing to answer?"

"Ellie.."

"Alright, alright, I'm going, I'm going." she said before leaving into the bedroom to collect her shoes.

Suddenly, a cracking noise from the kitchen alerted her.

She walked out and dropped her shoes as Fred seemed just as surprised as she was.

"Well, well, well if it isn't the newlyweds?"