The Club

I silently sat in the car next to my sister as I looked out the window to find the city lights flash by quickly. "Here will do," my sister said as the car came to a halt. She paid the cab driver and ushered me out.

Following her out, she hooked her arm around mine as she led us to the club where her friends were meeting up with us. "Tell me why I'm doing this again, Samantha," I dreadfully asked as I moved out of people's way and squeezed myself between the crowd.

"Because you need to meet new people instead of being cooped up in your room thinking about a boy who cheated on you with your so-called best friend," she explained angrily as she shoved people away that weren't looking where they were going. "Eyes up assholes! People are walking here!"

We reached the club and headed inside. Samantha decided to sit in a booth since her friends weren't here yet. I slid in and took off my jacket and patiently waited as Samantha took her phone out to call them. "Where the hell are you guys?" She asked as she looked around. "Yeah, yeah. See you in thirty."

I was about to ask Samantha who was all coming when I was interrupted, "Hello beautiful. How about a dance?" As I looked up to the stranger who looked half drunk, I shook my head, "No thank you."

"But I'll take her spot," Samantha quickly then said. "Go get some drinks."

As she got up and placed her hand inside his extended one and led them to the dance floor, I made my way to the counter and ordered her regular of Budweiser with a bottle of tequila. "You must be Samantha's little sister," said the bartender as he looked me over. "Scarlett, right?"

He looked handsome like most guys here tonight. He had short dark auburn hair with hazel gray eyes which you could immediately tell that he was wearing contacts. The guy had visible tattoos on his neck and on his arms. They were beautifully done. So all I did was nod my head and gave him a small smile as I brushed my hair back. "Can I get my drinks now?" I asked as I nodded to the large jug and the bottle.

The bartender just chuckled and handed them over as I gave him the money and left before he could start a another conversation I didn't want to be in.

Walking back to the booth, Samantha was back and her friends had shown up. Placing the drinks down, everyone at the table cheered and hollered.

"Scarlett, if you have forgotten, this is Francen, Gigi, Hanny, Daniel, Paul and your least favorite, Jason," Samantha introduced them from her right and all the way to the other end. I gave them a small smile and nodded.

"Whoa! Look at you, Scarlett! Lookin' hot, babe!" Jason hollered as he licked his lips and gave me a nasty once over. "You should dress like that more often, baby doll."

I cringed on the inside. I never really liked Jason because of his...nasty thoughts about wanting to do to me if I was his girl. It was even worse when he was drunk. Ever since I first met him, he was always like that towards me and other girls. If you had asked me one question as to what I like about him, my answer would be that he was as protective over his friends like an older brother.

He was always looking out for the group along with Daniel and Paul.

Jason's dark brown hair was curly like I remembered it to be but he had cut it down so it look like it was buzzed cut. He had a small goatee growing but not much where it's visible to be called one.

He was wearing a plain white tee with a thin gold necklace around his neck and dark gray boot it pants with his high top Jordan shoes. Jason had his left ear pierced where diamond stubs occupied the spot. He had that bad boy and a total trouble maker look to him making me steer clear of him at all cost.