6

"I can't even look at you, Anna," Mia growled, shutting the door to her car as Anna came walking over to her with a big smile, a smile that instantly froze and morphed into an expression of confusion.

"What? Why?"

"Don't play stupid with me," Mia snapped and hiked up her bag. She begun walking towards the school with Anna trailing after her. "You know what you did and I can't believe you'd actually—"

"Whoa, whoa! Is this because I went to talk to Eli yesterday?" She exclaimed. "Honey, we were just talking! Well, I was anyway, he didn't say much. He seemed pissed as hell, so I ended up giving up and just going to class," She finished. "Why do you care so much anyway?"

"I don't." Mia scoffed lightly. Alright, so they hadn't hooked up. Her mind eased a little, but that didn't mean she approved of what Anna was trying to do.

Oh, you are such a hypocrite, her voice of reason chimed in her head. You were the one who slept with him. Actually no, sleeping with him would require a bed; You just fucked him up against a wall.

"You know what, whatever," Mia replied, not knowing if she was taking to Anna or herself. "Do whatever you want, I don't care, but can we just move past it? I really just need a calm, normal school day for once."

"That looks like that ain't going to happen, babe." Anna for some reason said and stopped up, glaring at the entrance to the school.

Mia followed her stare and then groaned. It was total déjà vu; A flock of reporters had squatted in front of the school and were filming a live newsfeed for their local stations. Students were gathering around to look what happened this time.

"Oh god, again?"

"C'mon!" Anna excitedly chirped and dragged Mia along. They walked up to the crowd together, even if Mia did so a little begrudgingly. She was sick and tired of the media stirring up her school day.

"While the forensics team are still working on decoding the last mystery of the infamous Genius, it appears he has struck yet again," The entertained female reporter said to the camera. "Yesterday the school had a malfunctioning with their servers that caused severe distress on the school's students whose exam works and research all rests on said servers. The glitch had the technicians working the whole day to fix the problem, but at the end of it, they confessed that they were stumped.

"But today – as the technicians entered the building early this morning to continue their hard work – they walked in and found the glitch had been fixed," The female reporter said, a hint of smile around her lips. "It appeared that the Genius had managed to sneak into the server room and not only fix the error, but also decided to leave a message for them. The words 'You're welcome' were written in bold letters across the computer screens along with a cryptic code of numbers which could hold a secret message, says the the forensic team currently working on decoding it. Students here at the Alexandrettia are more ecstatic about the Genius striking again than retrieving their precious homework. The mystery continues and as will the investigations..."

"I've heard enough," Mia snapped and begun walking away from the crowd and into the school. "Why can't the dick just come forward?"

"Well if you ask my expert opinion," Anna said, trailing after her again, "Geniuses demands attention. What's the point of having a brilliant mind if you can't show it?" She said, making Mia frown at her words. "The Genius wants an audience and what better people to target than a bunch of other geniuses who in comparison to him looks like a pack of moronic buffoons?"