three

"hey, luke. remember we're gonna pick up spencer tomorrow before school, yeah?"

luke turned to face his friend.

"yeah, don't worry. i got it covered."

michael patted the blonde's back, pushing him in front, rather forcefully, but luke knew it was just a playful act.

him and michael were always a little too harsh when it came to jokey actions, or fake insults. but neither got mad or offended.

they were used to it, after several years.

"catch ya tomorrow, blondie!" michael yelled out, walking backwards, sending a salute over to luke.

"yeah, whatever!" luke chuckled back, and michael turned fully, making his way home.

the blonde rolled his eyes, letting out an amused scoff at the friend he was 'unfortunately' stuck with.

he shoved his hands in his jacket pockets, glancing around himself, before his blue eyes landed on a certain boy.

he debated whether or not to play it cool, and casually strut up to him, or completely break character and run after him.

but it ended up being a mixture of both.

he jogged towards the curly haired boy, who was holding a book firmly with two hands, not even looking at where he was going.

as soon as he got closer, he walked up to him, running a hand through his hair, to keep his cool under control.

"hey?"

luke cringed at himself. his voice was always so smooth and always had such an easy-going vibe to it.

but this time he just sounded shaky and unsure.

well, too late to take it back now.

he watched as ashton looked up from his book, his pretty hazel eyes clicking with luke's bright blue ones.

ashton realised who it was, and his cheeks heated up, upon seconds of understanding.

"h - hello." he stammered, closing his book a little too hard, and probably losing his page forever.

before he could hear the blonde call him out for being so awkward, he stared down at his shoes, not wanting the blonde's judgement to hit him too hard.

but instead, all he heard was a light chuckle, and very gentle:

"what's on the floor that's so interesting, that you can't look up at me?"

ashton's eyes widened.

he was so surprised.

he expected luke's snarky comment to be harsh, and aggressive.

but instead, it wasn't. he actually sounded like a nice person. a genuine nice person.

ashton slowly allowed his vision to focus on the tall blonde in front of him, once again.

"would you like a ride home? that way you can read your book with no hazards around."

luke's warm smile, made the smaller boy melt, his insides turning to complete goo.

he sent a shaky nod the blonde's way, luke laughing a little, before walking ashton over to his car, chauffeuring him to his house.

▼▲▼

so apparently im updating this everyday k cool

[also im gonna watch the 5sos movie soon, so wish me luck bc im gonna cry]