five

ashton had completely forgotten what the english assignment was, and was practically rushing around the school to try and find someone that was in his class.

and for some reason, it was one of the hardest tasks to do, ever.

the boy swiftly turned the corner, spotting the thunderbirds chatting away near the front entrance of the school

wait. luke was in his class.

maybe he knew the assignment.

ashton contemplated whether to walk up to the clang or not.

i mean, luke and him were on good terms, at least that's what vibe luke was sending him.

but are the rest of thunderbirds?

however, all his brain cared about was the assignment, and so he hurried over to the cluster of boys.

"hey, luke!"

luke perked up at the familiar voice, ignoring the way michael scoffed, and a few chuckled.

the blonde turned on his heel, seeing ashton scamper his way, a huge grin forming on his face.

"ashton!" he cheered.

"why the hell is he coming this way?" michael spat, and that's when luke realised.

his perked up posture slouched a little, as ashton got closer, eventually standing before him.

"hey, uh, luke, i just wanted -"

"ash, i don't think you should be here right now." luke whispered, cutting ashton off.

ashton furrowed his eyebrows, and luke tried to control his feelings since he was around the other members.

"what, why? i thought we were okay."

luke went to speak again, but michael decided it was his turn.

he placed his hand on luke's shoulder, pushing him to the side slightly, to get a better glimpse of ashton.

"i'm sorry, but. why exactly does he think he can talk to you?"

"yeah, hemmings, explain." someone else commented.

luke sighed. he closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. ashton watched curiously.

"listen, fellas, it's nothing. i don't know what the irwin boy is on about, okay?" the blonde spoke, confidently.

"i'm confused- "

luke turned to ashton, using all his willpower to push aside his guilt.

"listen here, shortie. i think you're probably lost. why don't you try and find your way back to your asian friend, alright?"

ashton's bottom lip poked out, but he continued to stay in the same place.

but, luke just wanted ashton to leave already.

he didn't want to say anything else, and he knew if ashton didn't budge, michael would get involved.

"well?" he asked harshly.

the smaller boy shook his head in disappointment. he turned to walk away, a frown plastered on his face.

he knew luke being nice to someone like him was too good to be true.

the blonde watched ashton get further away, letting out a loud huff out of his nose.

"yo, hemmings, you cool?"

luke faced his mates again.

"yeah -- yeah, i'm good."

▲▼▲

there's a lot of italics in this whoops