11-Their Views

Cassandra's POV

The facade of Lance's house was breathtaking. I have seen grand houses before in Spain but I fell in love with this house at first glance. Was it just the house? Scratch that thought Cassie!

It was a simple two story house with three regular sized bedrooms that were still bigger than an average room, one massive master's bedroom with a walk in closet, come on, who would need a walk in closet in an island where a swim wear should be the only fashion statement?

It has seven working bathroom, a game room and my favoured part of the house was the music studio. What can I say? I love to sing and I think I can visualize myself using that room soon, just not with Lance though. Just the thought of him makes me flustered.

Lance toured me around the house and showed me my room which he, I assumed, distinctly picked because it was across from his. Talk about easy access, huh.

Oh geez, what am I thinking? Im starting to act and feel like the horny teenager I never was. Well, growing up as a nerd has its perks, one of which is not passing through the awkward teenage stage where socializing with the opposite sex is a great deal. Wow. Look at me now! My past self must be very disgruntled at me right now.

As I unpacked "my stuff", meaning the myriad of clothes of different styles, colors and shapes, yes, shapes! I cannot even conjure an image of myself wearing these skimpy clothes! And the fact that there are too many complicated type of dresses here. God! why didn't I bring any of my clothes when I ran away? Not one piece of shirt, jeans or shorts? Even the sleeping clothes were skimpy night dresses. Really?! Aaarrgh!

As much as I would like to be grateful to him for my stylish but very not "me" wardrobe, I can't.

Don't get me wrong, I genuinely appreciate the thought but I just don't have the spunk to parade my body in those garments. I don't think I can do it. Never in a million years.

I took a very long and satisfying bath. I think I slept for a couple of minutes while soaking in the tub. Wrapping myself in a towel, I blow dried my hair. And now the hardest part of the day. Dressing up.

I chose the most conservative sundress I can find in the rack and stack of my very trendy wardrobe. An ankle length low back red dress with low neckline. Another dilemma. Wearing an underwear has never been an issue with me until now where I had to pick between a thong and a bikini. Seriously!?!!

We really need to have a talk with regards to my clothing. If I have to plead to him to take me somewhere to buy decent clothes, then so be it.

Finally, I looked at myself in the mirror and I had to do a double take. "Is that me?" I just had to ask myself that, I was still waiting for my other self to answer when I heard an impatient knock at the door.

Oh God! Here goes nothing!

Wondering how to face him looking like this, I can feel the thunderous beating of my heart as I anxiously opened the door.

A "Wow!" and loud intake of breath was the next thing I heard.

Wait, the one who uttered "Wow!", was that me or him?

Lance's POV

I was very excited to show her the entire house. I may even have gone overboard in describing in boring details, even the materials used in the construction. Only because I saw the gleam on her eyes as she toured around our house. "Our house?" Get a grip man!

I almost asked her to share my room since I may have overly enjoyed our sleeping arrangements on the way here. Scolding myself for being so clingy, I banished that thought.

Not to be too obvious, I just let her have the room across from mine. So I can easily go to her whenever I wanted or needed. Smirking at myself for thinking that, I left her so she can freshen up while I went to my room to take a shower.

Dressing up with a body fit white shirt that showcased my muscled arms and toned abs, a khaki sweatpants, I tried to relax for few minutes. As I closed my eyes, all I can think of is whether she liked the clothes that I asked my assistant to purchase for her. Suddenly I became uncertain of my actions, I should have asked her opinion on the clothes or we could have gone to the shops together.

Why didn't I thought of that? Perhaps I was so used to having my assistant purchase everything for me including the gifts I give to my family and to everyone else. But Cassie is different. I really have to treat her differently. I guess I have to take her out shopping soon for some clothes and necessities.

I have been thinking of her quite a lot lately which should not be the case. I never think about other people more than I have to. I am driven and focused in running my business and thinking about her would be an unwelcome distraction. Well, now I guess I am hooked whether I like it or not.

I think I may have dozed off for a while. Seeing the time, I got up since I wanted to bring her to the beach so we can witness the magnificent view of the horizon during sun set.

I knocked at her door. What could be taking her so long? I knocked again and was about to tap it loudly when the door opened.

The door opened and revealed the most beautiful distraction that I will flagrantly welcome in my life.

Upon seeing her, I heard my sharp intake of breath and "Wow!"