16| a penny for a sin

7k oh my god if this reaches 10k I will lose my shit

there is more #larcus smut to come (just not now please don't kill me)

I just realized I hadn't done this pov before and I love ThreeDimensional!villains

jenny

Jenny wasn't a bad person.

It wasn't her fault that she was destined for a life like this. Ever since she was born with that certain unmistakable birthmark in her right thigh, she was destined to become a Pack Watcher. She barely remembers her childhood--her only memory is the soft burning of incense, the countless of wolf textbooks and the soft sting of the cane. "Bad Jenny!" The Matron would scream, savoring the welts that formed on her back and on her thighs.

Jenny remembers that one night. She had loved the idea of mating and often asked when she could be able to have children of her own. She was 16, and the Matron had ordered her sedation. She had woken up a few seconds before the needle was inserted. She swears she will never forget the image of their cold, dead eyes staring into her frightened ones.

She never asked again.

Watchers, like her, were meant to be spiteful, methodical people. The rage and insecurity festered and nurtured by enforcers like the Matron made sure that Jenny became the person who would easily crush someone's happiness if it didn't pertain to the order that had been set.

Jenny remembers wolves.

That's all she's known, her entire life. Every movement, step, attack they undertook Jenny could explain why. She could explain the biological correlation of their wolf traits to the color of their pelt. She remembers her first real assignment outside Millbrook's Whammy Institution for Genetically modified wolves. She remembers how peaceful the human world sounded compared to the constant growling and barking that was a constant in the institute. She remembers having to meet her first official, a balding member of the local Party of Wuyan. She remembers how heavy the information booklet she was given on the Central Pack was.

She remembers meeting her first wolf. She was just newly assigned as the Watcher to the Central Pack and was nervously twitching at the corner of a dark boardroom. "The Alpha is here," a booming voice came from the door as she looked up to come face to the face with the Alpha.

Intimidating. Cold. Beautiful.

"Your name," she spoke, her accent crisp and clear. "Is Jenny what? What's your surname?"

"Watchers aren't given surnames in the Institute, ma'am. "

The Alpha raised an eyebrow.

"It-It wards off any potential police trouble or escapee cases." Jenny stuttered.

She hums in understanding and asks where she is supposed to sign the treaty. Her writing is rough and unstable and with Jenny's trained eye she notices a slight scarring at her middle finger. Interesting, she mused. The Trails scarring still doesn't fade after almost a hundred years.

"200 years," she spoke, causing Jenny to jump. "And it doesn't fade at all. Getting more used to your human form guarantee that the scars fade visibly but they are still always there. It just takes a trigger."

"Did I--"

"Yes, you did."

"Great Alpha, I am so sorry, please--"

"Forget it. Don't let it happen again. You can't be an efficient Watcher if you can't even keep your mouth shut." The Watcher remained silent as the Alpha shut the file and left the room without a single goodbye. With shaky hands, she picked up the file and left the room. Her cheeks burned in shame as the familiar yet taunting words of the Matron ran through her mind: Bad Jenny!

She remembers how much she hated her job, hated having to be cordial and interact with those creatures, those monsters every day. She hated the way the Beta, the blonde French one, would always shove her and push her whenever they came into contact. She hated the sympathetic glare the Gamma, the short one with the pecan skin, would give her a disgusting pitiful glance before turning away. She hated having to pretend that she fit in; when her mind screamed wolf while her body screamed human.

She hated the way the Alpha always looked at her, with those glaring, distrustful eyes. Alpha always had a stigma against humans probably stemming from her days as a Galdoni. She hated the way she was continuously preached to about following rules and orders and pack codes. You should be grateful every single day for my role in this pack! she wanted to scream. I could ruin you and your entire livelihood with one single statement of a breach of treaty! I ignore it all--the bullying, the secret affairs between humans and wolves, the gambling, the illegal trading, the stealing of wolf's blood--I've ignored it all!

She wanted that place to rot. The quicker she got rid of it, the quicker she was free. She joined Stamos around two years ago, the promise of wiping out all the wolves in her realm of existence the most promising thing she had heard in her life. She continued to supply whatever information she could--areas to sneak into, personal info about the higher ranking wolves, whatever she could.

She remembers when she met Marcus.

Marcus, the boy she comforted in the earthly forest grounds outside the torture units. She remembers his wet tears staining her old dress and that weird feeling she got whenever he spoke. She saw him often after that, and managed to his emotional state and distrust of the Alpha to get him to see the good in her. She made him laugh and comforted him and when the time came, she kissed him. His warm mouth was the greatest feeling she had ever know and she would have killed to have last a minute longer.

He collapsed immediately after, the mark on his shoulder growing red with irritation. She remembered at that moment that he could not be hers for he was destined to one of the very creatures that had taken everything from her: her childhood, her opinion, her learning, her growth, herself. He belonged to a wolf and all she could do was wait as the sting of the Alpha's jealous slap echoed on her cheek. She followed him back to his home which once again proved that he could never be hers, not when the pure hatred in his eyes continued to painfully reflect in her mind over and over again.

And so Jenny sat by the corner, her hands stained with the drying blood of some other test wolf. She was tired, she was sick of wolves and all she wanted was to pack up her bags and find her way out of her never ending situation.

Jenny wasn't a bad person.

She was just made that way.

a/n

just curious bc even though I've already finished planning this story out till the end I'm curious

How do you all see this book ending?