♚42. GOOSEBUMPS

"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars

"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars."—Og Mandino

J o r d y n T a m e

    I SAT THERE with my hands still restrained to that tree while my eyes were shut, not daring to take a glimpse of what was around me. The waves of the deep body of water miles away sounded off in my ears, and I tried my best to listen closely at their pattern.

   I was approaching the drift of sleep when Samia's voice entered my ears.

"You shouldn't be too hard on yourself. You did what you did because you have remorse. Whether it was the right decision, we'll find out later..."

  I opened my eyes automatically before raising a brow at her. The children were already fast asleep and I assumed she was too.

"It's cold out here..." I whispered trying to avoid the subject.

"I mean it," Samia procedes. "I can't fathom to imagine how hard that must of been for you."

"Samia," I said lowly. "I really...really don't want to talk about this right now. We should both get some sleep."

   She nods before shutting her eyes slowly. I sighed before closing my eyes again and taking  small breaths.

   As my body began to slowly relax at the cold and quiet, I almost felt at peace. The waves began to create a tone of ease in my mind.

   This peace was short lived of course, because soon I heard the familiar footsteps of my enemies coming for another visit.

"Wake up, princess!" Rhona's tone of disdain corrupted my ears like a plague. "We have a surprise for you."

I slowly opened my eyelids to come face to face with the purple haired woman. She had brought six guards with her this time, each of which were armed and sporting black uniforms with the union's symbol.

"I just got off the phone with Gladdis and Brockman and they were delighted to hear about our little deal." Rhona tells me with a wide and misleading smile on her face. "In fact, they were so delighted that they ordered me to immediately get you unrestrained and to bring you inside our camp."

This was the second time I was hearing of Gladdis and Brockman...Who the hell were they?

I chuckle before shaking my head. "Why the hell would they do that?"

"Because they want us to discuss..." Rhona says briefly.

"Discuss what?" I asked apprehensively.

"Where and when this rejection is going to take place..." the words came out of Rhona's lips like fire shooting out of a dragon. As if the statement was meant to hurt me and fill me with an incredulous amount of guilt.