Chapter Twenty Seven

"Come on, Cedric, I highly doubt, Eleanor is angry with us. It's a happy occasion, we're married. She would be the first person to be happy for us." Marnie said to Cedric before they left for the flat above the joke shop.

"Marnie, Ellie loves the two of us very much, but the fact is we didn't invite her to the ceremony-"

"It was hardly a ceremony-"

"Regardless, she's going to be angry."

"No, she won't be. You'll see."

When they arrived to the flat, Eleanor and Fred stood there.

"Well, well, well if it isn't the newlyweds?" Eleanor said.

"Yeah, she's mad, I'm out of here." Marnie said quickly but Cedric grabbed her by the back of her robes.

"You're not leaving me with the badger." Cedric whispered to her.

"My dear, dear friends, it's been so long since we last spoke." Eleanor said in a calm voice that only seemed to rattle Cedric and Marnie more. "Mr. and Mrs. Diggory...or wait...are you Mr. and Mrs. Saxon now?"

"Uh..Diggory." Cedric said.

"That's lovely."

Eleanor's tone was dry and flat making it quite obvious that her words were far from the sincere show she was trying to put on.

"Ellie, look," Cedric said putting up his hands, "I know you're mad-"

"Mad? Oh no, Cedric, I'm not mad."

"Okay, but look we can explain what happened-"

"Well, I'll look forward to your next letter then, because right now I'm busy. I have to say, I didn't know you two were coming, but then again it seems I don't know a lot about you two anymore."

She slipped on her remaining shoe before turning to Fred.

"Ready to go?" she asked him.

"Right behind you, love."

She left to walk out the door to the stairs leading down to the shop as Fred turned to Marnie and Cedric.

"Congrats by the way." he whispered.

"Ellie, wait-"Marnie went to call after her friend before she left. Eleanor gripped the doorknob tightly in her hand.

"For the record I'm not mad at you two." Eleanor said. "I'm furious."

"Ellie-"

"If there was to be any letter in the mail regarding a marriage between you two, it should have been an invitation, but I didn't even get that. Instead you two send me a letter telling me you already got married. After all we've been through.

"We're sorry-"

"You're sorry only because I'm upset, I'm sure if you had come in here and I welcomed you with open arms neither one of you would have apologized!Next time you have some big important news, it would be the decent thing to tell me face to face and not through some bloody letter. But if our friendship is at that level, I'll be on the lookout for the postcard regarding your pregnancy Marnie!"

With that, Eleanor left down the stairs while Fred stood with the two a moment longer.

"Well, at least she told you she wasn't mad at you guys, right? Must look at the positives in life." Fred said before clapping the two on the back and heading out behind .

Eleanor wasn't one that remained angry for long, once she left the joke shop with Fred, she immediately regretted being so harsh.

"Perhaps I should go talk to them...and apologize-"

"Ellie, don't you dare go apologize to them." Fred told you. "You have every right to be upset with them. Don't go and talk to them right now, let your words sink in a bit. You're allowed to get upset and they should feel bad because nothing you said was wrong."

"Then why do I feel so bad then?"

"Because you love those two very much and we never want to be angry with the ones that we love. Does that make sense?"

"Yes. I still feel bad though."

"Well forget about them for the night. You and I have a date and dates are supposed to be happy. Yes?"

"Yes." Eleanor chuckled. "But wait, we never established where we were going, it was kinda a spur of the moment idea."

"We can go wherever you want to go. Except for the moon and space because I haven't figured that out quite yet. George and I were arguing the abilities to apparate into space. I volunteered him to check it out but he refused."

"I wonder why."Eleanor smirked. "Although, now you got me wondering. Ah, I can just see the muggle reaction as wizards and witches discover they can apparate into space."

"We would have a far more extensive space program, that's for sure." Fred said grabbing her hand.

"I think it would be amazing to travel to space. See all the stars and the planets right there... although I bet it's awful quiet."

"It would be until we got there, then we would throw a party.'

"Oh I'm sure that would go over well. The muggle space program wouldn't know what to do. "

"We would just invite them to the party." Fred said doing a little dance on the walkway.

"I don't think they would be willing to party."

"Why there will be more than enough room?" Fred told her.

"Don't you mean space?"