TEN (EDITED)

I cross my arms over my chest at Aaron

I cross my arms over my chest at Aaron. It's been an entire week since he left in the middle of our date, and he's barely called me. To say I'm upset is an understatement. He smiles at me apologetically.

"Want to explain yourself?" I ask, leaning against my doorframe.

"I know you're probably pissed to the max, Rosie, but I've been swamped. Flu season is starting, you know."

I sigh. "I guess I just feel like you don't make time for me." I hate the whiny tone in my voice.

Aaron's eyes soften and he takes my hand. "I'll try harder, I promise. Soon I'll be on break and we can spend every day together."

A smile creeps onto my face. "Okay," I say meekly and Aaron pulls me into a hug, kissing my cheek.

I hear rustling and I open my eyes over Aaron's shoulder to meet vivid green ones. I pull away from Aaron quickly.

Harry grins, dropping his keys into his pocket. "Afternoon, Rosie," He says.

Aaron looks between me and Harry, and back again.

Harry looks at Aaron and his smile grows. "You must be Aaron," He says. "I'm Harry." He reaches out to shake Aaron's hand. "I've heard so much about you."

I internally cringe. Aaron shakes Harry's hand.

"And I've heard nothing about you..." Aaron shifts his gaze to me.

"Rose and I work together and we also happen to be neighbors. Isn't that right, Rosalie?"

I look at my feet. After a successful week of ignoring Harry, I'd thought he had gotten the message that I really don't want to associate with him.

"Oh," Aaron says. "Very nice."

"So I hear you're a medical intern?"

Oh God.

"Yes."

"That's very interesting."

I'm afraid to look up from my feet.

"What sort of work do you do?"

"Anywhere they need help, really."

"Ever do any work on the heart?"

"No, actually. I'm not too interested in cardiology."

"I thought you said you worked anywhere they need help."