Chapter 15: Think For Yourself.

Elijah Storm's Point Of View:

I sat on the bathroom floor puffing smoke into  the air before passing the blunt on to Jared. My head was buzzing and although it was the first day back since thanksgiving break and I had a whole week off, I had only made it to 3 classes. I hadn't seen Raine all week, she had completely went MIA on me but you can bet she didn't go MIA on Carol. I admit it, I was kinda hurt by the fact she just decided to up and disappear on me but  it hurt worse because so much had happened this one week. My mom was gone and by gone I mean she vanished leaving me to take care of Joey by myself. I had more fights scheduled but I wasn't getting paid too much for them as I would've appreciated, and Joey wasn't really talking to me or anybody. 

"So hows Joe-Bear, she adjusting?" Jared asked breaking my thoughts and passing me the joint back. I puffed twice making 2 perfect rings in the air and watching them disperse as I passed him the joint back. 

"You can call it that if you want to." I shrugged breathing in smoke allowing my lungs to burn as I did. 

"Damn dude, I mean, I know your moms a bitch but I never thought she'd do this shit." Jared admitted puffing the last remains of the joint.

"Shit, I probably should've saw it coming." I laughed pushing myself up from the floor just as the bell rang. 

"Carol says Raine's mom came home. She had cancer, well, has cancer." Jared sighed walking next to me through the halls, I was buzzed but hearing Raine's name still had it's effects on me. I was mad at her but at the same time I had made it clear I wanted her and she made it clear she doesn't know what the hell she wants. 

"What's that supposed to even mean dude?" I asked trying to play off that I was upset. Jared shrugged as we reached my locker and I opened it throwing everything inside, all the shit I needed for my homework was at home. If I even had time to do it or wanted to that is.

"I don't know, just thought you should know." He sighed as I slammed my locker closed."Hey baby, how was your day?"

"Fine, but I missed you." Carol smiled practically coming out of thin air and wrapping her arms around Jared's neck and pulling him into a kiss.

"How do you even miss him? You've practically spent the whole damn week with him, ever heard of space? Absence makes the fucking heart grow fucking fonder right?" I scoffed getting really sick of their lovey dovey shit, I could never hang out with my own best friend alone anymore without Carol budding in. It was becoming absolutely ridiculous!

"Someone's in a very bad mood." Carol sighed rolling her eyes and slipping her arms off of Jared and instead tangling her hands into his.

"Whatever, i'm headin' off I got training today." I sighed aggravated.

"Wait, Raine's coming she really wanted to talk to you!" Carol said pulling herself from Jared to grab my arm, I turned and glared down at her for a moment before taking in a deep breath. I wasn't made at Caroline, I was mad at Raine and everything else and I knew not to take my anger out on her.

"I don't want to talk to her, tell her that okay? Tell her she's gotten her point across and I don't need her to explain. I get it." I sighed before making my way out of the school and to my car, I drove by the school to pick up Joey first. I had a hour before I actually had to show up for practice so I decided to just wait around in my dressing room with her while she colored.

"Joey?" I asked softly taking the red crayon from her hand. She didn't look up at me instead she just pulled a different color from the box without hesitation, I reached to grab the color from her but she snapped it in half as I tried. I pulled her up onto my lap and held her making her look up at me.