10; Dancing, Ham Sandwiches, and Fighting

Violet

"It's really that bad, huh?" Liam scribbles something in his textbook as he sits at his desk studying.

I lean back against the wall. "It's horrible," I say. "I'm not going to pass this project."

"You know, he might pull through. He said he would, didn't he?"

"He says a lot of things, Liam. And they're all lies."

Liam looks up at me, his pen poised in his hand. "Man, Violet. This is tough. What are you gonna do?"

I sigh and sit down on his bed. His dorm mate, Jake, is out studying somewhere leaving Liam and I alone. "I honestly don't know. I don't think I can do anything."

"Mr. O'Neil definitely won't switch you?" He asks.

"No chance." I nod. "You know what he's like once he's made up his mind. Plus, this is supposed to be some sort of bonding, social task."

Liam looks sympathetic, which is one of the many things I love about him. This isn't even his problem but he's somehow making out like it is. "I'm sorry, Vi. I know how much this grade means to you."

"Yeah, well."

"Listen," he throws down his pen and leaps off his chair. "You need cheering up and I'm gonna do just that."

"Liam! What are you doing?" My body tenses up as Liam takes my hands in his and pulls me off his bed. I'm suddenly reminded by Zayn's touch on me in the computer suite at lunch. I shake it quickly off.

"Remember when we were little and we'd have dancing competitions?" He grins, showing his perfect rows of white teeth.

I cringe. "That was so long ago. We played stupid pop music we both loved at the time and basically just jumped up and down. I hardly call it dancing."

Liam moves over towards the stereo that sits on the windowsill and flicks through some CD's. I look at him strangely. He can't possibly think we're going to do what we did when we were little, can he? "Er, Liam?"

He selects a CD and slips it into the slot before walking back to me with a mad smile on his face. He grabs my hands again and starts moving around. The music suddenly starts and I recognise it as some hit pop song that they sometimes play at the parties around here. "What are you doing?" I cry over the music.

Liam starts dancing like a total idiot, swaying his hips and body around and tapping his feet. I'm laughing so hard I think I may pass out.

"Dance with me!" He yells.

"You're mad!"

He pulls me towards him and we start swaying together. My mouth hurts from laughing so much. I'm definitely feeling better. Then, we start jumping. Liam yells things as he leaps and hops around the room and I mimic his every move. Then he goes completely mad and starts leaping off all the furniture. I'm freaking out about him hurting himself and try and chase after him, laughing as I do so.