Expectations & Motivations

-*Your POV*-

        You still hadn't heard back from your mom, so for the last couple of nights you spent them all with Adrien and Marinette. School was getting better though, all of the kids who were with you in the locker room had somehow gotten to Mr. Damocles and Chloe was in big trouble.
          All the comments were gone, Chloe was expelled for a week or two, and finally no one was telling you to kill yourself. You did have to go to the counselors on a daily basis though. Adrien took you to that.
          Right now, you're walking along the streets, window shopping. Marinette had recently informed you that the school Valentines Day dance was coming up and you figured you would go, that is if anyone bothered to ask you.
          You had also been hoping to find something to give Cat Noir on your date tonight, but you couldn't really find anything.
         As you were walking, you saw a gorgeous midnight blue dress with frills at the bottom and glitter beaded all throughout the design. It would go down to your knees and was supposedly made out of silk... But when you checked the price tag, you figured you could just make yourself a dress. Learning from Marientte after watching her make multiple clothes had really payed off.
            You took out your Artist sketchbook and started doodling what you thought would be purr-fect for the Valentines Day dance, even though you might not even bother going.
            As you were walking back to Adrien's, you ran home quickly to check and see if your mom was home. Sure enough, she was. She was in the kitchen, flour all over her, music blaring, making what seemed to be a feast of some kind.
           "Mom, are you okay?" You asked, hoping you didn't sound as worried as you felt. Why hadn't she picked up the phone when she was home?
          "Oh, hi honey! Yes I'm fine. How are you? I know what you're thinking, why didn't I answer the phone? Well, I was busy making a surprise for you sweetie." Mom turned off the music and stepped out of the kitchen embracing you in a flour-hug. You squeezed back.
          "I was so worried about you, mom! I've been staying with the Agreste's and the Chengs for three whole days!" You exclaimed, wanting an explanation.
          "I told you, it's a surprise. You have to wait to find out!" Mom smiled reassuringly and you took that as a hint to go into the other room. You sat down in the living room, and sat on your stomach, designing your Valentines dance dress.
         You poured out your inner Luna Moon soul into the design, making each curve and each sparkle shimmer until you ended up with this:

          You decided to work on the dress later, and took a glance at the clock. You gasped to see that it was almost 8.