14 | Blurred Lines

"Every kiss I can't forget,
This aching heart is not broken yet.
Oh God, I wish I could make you see."

"We shouldn't be doing this," Yuko said under his breath, before pulling away a fraction. Only enough for there to be a distance between our lips.

"Why not?" I questioned, cursing myself for sounding so pathetic and needy.

Get a hold of yourself!

Yuko blinked, placing his hand on my shoulder and widening the distance between us.

"We...I don't-," he began, tripping over his words and looking flustered. It was a rather strange sight to see. Usually, Yuko was composed and calm. Not blushing and stuttering.

I leaned against the door frame, wrapping my arms around my waist gingerly. I stared at him with accusing eyes, wondering if maybe he had lied all along. Maybe he and Siobhan still had some sort of thing going on between them, and was just carried away in the moment with me. Yes, that must be it, right?

"Don't look at me like that," he groaned, running his hand haphazardly through his hair.

Raising an eyebrow and jutting out my chin in an act of defiance, I asked: "What do you mean?"

A question that doesn't accuse or imply, but has enough weight on it for him to know exactly what I was referring to.

"Like I just kicked a puppy, Ris. Are you upset because I stopped kissing you?" he muttered, eyeing me curiously. His eyes flashed with some kind of emotion, one I was unfamiliar with.

Or one you refuse to be familiar with?

Just as quickly as I had turned the tables onto him, he turned it back around. My cheeks flamed red, and I frowned slightly.

"Well?" he pushed.

"My god, Yuko! Who even asks questions like that? Have people ever told you that you are way too blunt for your own good?" I snapped in exasperation. Cocking his head to one side, he continued to stare at me with his curious eyes.

"You are avoiding my question," he said. "Does it make you uncomfortable?"

I threw my arms up in frustration, before palming my forehead in defeat.

"Obviously," I muttered. I found out that when Yuko wanted answers, he wanted answers. There was no means of escaping his grasp when he sets his sights on you.

"Why is that?" he continued to ask. I was half expecting him to whip out a notepad and start jotting down everything I say.

"You sound like my therapist," I deadpanned.

"You're changing the subject again."

"Alright, you are really starting to sound like my therapist and it's getting creepy," I warned.

"Marissa," Yuko said, closing his eyes.

"Yuko," I retorted, looking him dead in the eye.

"Do you want me to kiss you again?" he asked, pursing his lips. "From what I can observe-"

"Am I a bloody zoo animal, Yuko?" I snapped, placing a hand on one hip.