eight

btw by "football" i mean, american football

▲▼▲

ashton was sat on the bleachers, watching calum discuss football with the coach.

he had recently joined the team, and he was actually pretty good.

ashton didn't know anything about sport, so maybe he was wrong about that statement, but from the small amount of knowledge he had, calum seemed like a good player.

the practice match had just ended, and the kiwi boy jogged his way over to the bench to drink from his water bottle.

ashton watched his friend with a smile, happy that he had finally found something he enjoyed.

but an unfamiliar voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"um, excuse me? could you pass me that?"

ashton looked to his side, his head tilting upwards to actually see the incredibly tall boy's face.

he then snapped his head back to where the boy was pointing, and saw that there was a red and white bag beside him.

"oh!" he squeaked, passing the messenger bag over to the - still - unknown boy.

"here you go."

the boy grabbed hold of it, swinging it over his shoulder. however, he still hadn't budged, and ashton did his best to avoid awkward eye contact.

"i'm - i'm tom."

ashton looked up slightly, his eyelashes covering his eyes a little.

"a - ashton."

"saayy, aren't you the kid in my maths class?"

ashton took a better look at the boy.

he noted down his light brown hair, that swept to the left side. his green eyes, and his tall figure, that definitely wouldn't be considered lanky.

"yeah, i am." ashton replied.

tom sent a goofy smile, before the glass shattering noise from the whistle blew, indicating that tom had to get going.

"hey, so, uh, there's this cool diner in town. maybe we can, like, get to know each other better there, or something?"

ashton's eyes widened.

tom had basically just asked him out on a date. no one had ever asked him out on a date.

he pushed up his glasses, and nodded his head slightly.

"y - yeah. i like that idea."

tom gleamed. "well, i'll see you around then."

and with that he jogged away, leaving a slightly flustered ashton to pick at his fingers.

▼▲▼

whoopsie daisies

[ i was too lazy to edit this so idk]