fourteen

I TOLD YOU I'D DOUBLE UPDATE

▼▲▼

ashton told calum everything.

from the date to the kiss, to the "meeting up at the gate" thing, calum now knew it all.

however, calum's reply wasn't exactly what ashton had in mind.

"i don't think you should go."

ashton furrowed his eyebrows.

"well -- well, why not?"

"because." calum said, bluntly. "he's been a dick to you so many times, what if he does it again?"

"he won't."

"and how do you know that?"

"i'm still gonna go."

"whatever. but if you start crying, it's not my fault."

▲▼▲

ashton cautiously made his way to the gates, fiddiling with his fingers nervously as he did so.

he turned the corner, seeing luke leaning up on the brick wall near the gates, right leg perked up against it.

"ashton, you actually showed up, wow." luke said, obviously shocked by ashton's presence.

"y - yeah. i'm here."

an awkward silence fell between the two, neither knowing what to say, and both of them being too scared to initiate conversation.

that is until ashton spoke up.

"so, what did you wanna tell me?"

"oh, yeah. that." luke mumbled, pretending to fix up his hair, even though it didn't need to be fixed.

"so, um, i guess i should start this off by saying - i'm sorry."

ashton opened his mouth, but luke's words beat him to it.

"and i know i've acted like a complete douche, especially at the drive-in date." luke looked down at the ground, instead of the smaller boy.

"but i - i didn't mean it. i was scared people would judge me. you told me yourself, thunderbirds and normal school people don't mix."

the blonde paused, to take a deep breath in.

"but i dont care about that stupid rule anymore, or about the stupid reputation."

ashton watched luke's lips move. paying close attention to every word that was coming out of luke's mouth.

"i really like you, ashton. i always have. now i don't know much about love or relationships, all i know is that i'm myself when i'm around you. and i like that."

ashton bit his lip.

"and plus, im way better than that tom guy."

ashton chuckled lightly, luke copying.

"but seriously, ashton. i like you a lot, and i just wanna be with you already, without anyone's judgment making me change my mind."

the silence invaded again.

"um, that is, if you wanna be with me too, obviously-- " the blonde added, and ashton debated on it for a while.

of course he liked luke, he's had a crush on him ever since the beginning of high school.

but, wouldn't calum hate him if he started dating luke?

however, at that moment, all ashton could think about were luke's feelings for him, and so his final response ended up being a:

"yes."

"yeah, i could have guessed you'd say no-"

luke paused, raising his eyebrows in surprise when he heard ashton's actual reply.

"wait, seriously?"

ashton nodded with a giggle.

"wow, uh, i didn't think you'd say yes. i'm not prepared now, um."

"don't worry. i am."

and with that, ashton grabbed luke by his jacket's collar and pushed him closer, connecting their lips once more.

▼▲▼

YAY!!!1!!1

there's literally three more chapters left + a bonus chapter and im just so ashfiwmj dhs

but yeah, i hope you enjoyed the chapter or whatever it is normal people put in their author's notes ??¿¿