Polite Groomsmaid

^Versace dress

***

A couple of weeks went by and I was now in my living room, shivering in the dark room.

My cup of tea didn't help me and I was feeling hopeless. What was I going to do now?

I reached a hand towards my phone on the coffee table and dialed Dante, with him answering on the third ring.

"It's 3 in the morning, what the fuck is wrong with you?" he snapped, definitely bothered by the ungodly hour.

"Dante, I don't know what to do.. Can you come over?" I asked into the phone,a little tremor into my voice, grabbing the blanket closer to me.

"Elena? What's wrong? Are you ok?I'm coming over, give me 10 minutes. Don't do anything stupid." he said, suddenly awake.

I nodded, but he couldn't have seen that, but I didn't notice and just ended the call, scrolling down on the website I was on.

***

Three sudden and heavy raps echoed into the empty and silent house, making me jump.

I waited a second then hopped on my feet and went to the door, revealing a deadly looking Dante.

My eyes widened and he just pushed past me , quickly looking into every room on this floor, his gun ready, being held in both his hands.

"Um...What are you looking for?" I asked, entering the living room with a hesitating step.

His head snaps into my direction and he rushes to me with three big steps,grabbing me by the shoulders, sharply turning me sideways, examining my face and looking for any sign of assault or struggle.

"Dante?"

"What is going on Helen?" he asked, a dangerous edge to his words.

Helen?

Uh-oh.

He never and I mean never , calls me Helen.

I didn't even think he actually knows my real name. I just assumed he thinks my name's principessa or Elena or something.

"No one was in here is that's what you're asking" I say, pushing him into the armchair I was in before,turning the laptop towards him so that he could look at what I was browsing.

After a long 5 minutes of just staring at the screen, he gets up and starts towards the door, muttering "I'm done" under his breath.

"Wait, where are you going?" I ask, going after him.

"You did not seriously call me here with a trembling fucking voice, like you were on the verge of fucking dying or something just because you couldn't find a fucking dress!"

"Excuse me, but Nick wants all his 'bridesmaids' or whatever to be wearing ombré shit dresses and they all look like shiet." I counter, sass full on.

He opened his mouth to argue, but he just pinched the bridge of his nose, breathing deeply,trying to regain his poise.

"And it's hella cold in here, hence the trembling" I added in a low voice, making him glare at me then go back to pinching his nose.

After a couple of moments like that, he took my laptop onto his lap and started typing.

I gingerly placed myself on the armrest and peered into the screen. He was logging in on Gmail ,searching for 'dresses' in his inbox.

Around 10 emails popped out, all from different Italian fashion brands among which was even big name ones like Versace, Fendi and Gucci.

I already felt my wallet emptying.