Chapter 36 - In which I become the queen of stupid decisions

One.

There's probably only 4 distinct thoughts in my mind right now even though I feel like it's about to explode. 1) The table has got so much food on it all I want to do is dive in and eat it all. 2) I really want Ginny's dress. It's black and honestly I think would make me look pretty bad ass. 3) My fingers are tingling, but why? It's not like there's anyone I hate here. I mean I'm annoyed at Ginny, but I wouldn't exactly say I hate her. 4) He smells really nice. 

Okay Lily you can do this. This was inevitable. Sure it was naive of you to think that Christmas at the burrow would involve anything other than this confrontation. Not that it's exactly a confrontation. I mean he doesn't exactly know I'm here. Not yet. And I'm going to keep it that way. No matter how much I know this was all Ginny's master plan, I'm not going to give her the satisfaction of letting it happen. 

Two.

He can't see me yet. That's probably because I'm stuck in between two large boxes and using a stupid umbrella stand to hide me. I guess that's what I get for trying to sneak down for extra food. Well Ginny did mention how there was a lot of leftover cake and of course she knew I was listening. She must have gotten him to do the dishes for some odd reason. Like maybe she framed him or something. I can't do this. I can't meet him. I'm not ready. I don't even know what I would say. Should I tell him that I don't remember a single thing from last year. Or should I just pretend that I'm the same person? Or maybe I should act all cold and everything since we did break up and all so really do I owe him anything? 

Three.

It's only been half an hour of being in this place and already I know it was a huge mistake coming here. I don't even know how I let Ginny convince me that I should let her invite me to the Burrow. How it would be a great escape. She even convinced me that George wouldn't be here but of course he would. I mean it's Christmas! But then again it was either that or going to Malfoy Manor and honestly right now, I think weirdly enough I made the right choice. I haven't spoken to Malfoy since seeing him storm out of the heated conversation with Snape. He knows that I was listening and it's like he's annoyed at me. Well I'm annoyed at him. He can't expect me to be okay with the fact that he allowed Snape to have a conversation with him and actually consider letting him help him, but whenever I offer my help, he shuts me down. 

Four.

Missions. Stupid secret missions. All to thwart the Dark Lord. He's the root cause for all my problems. That's why I have to do this- to finally escape from the trap I was put in from the moment that darn curse was placed on me. 

Five.

It would be a lot easier if my getaway would be swifter. But I'm stuck. I don't even have my wand and I can't move without risking him seeing me. It's okay Lily. I'm smart. I can think a way out of this. But before I can come up with my master plan I hear shuffling. Shoot. 

"George dear do you mind helping Ginny with the trunks," Mrs Weasley says. My heart races in my chest as the sound of her voice sounds so... familiar. No. I need to focus. This was a mistake. Of course it was a mistake. I was naive to think it would be anything else. 

"Ginny's here already?" George asks surprised and I just scowl at her name. Half an hour is all she needed to get this situation set up. I don't even know how she did it if she hasn't even come to say hello to her own brother yet. But then again, it's Ginny. This must be the type of person she is, which I would know if I had my memories from last year. 

"Yes, Fred's already upstairs with Ron and Harry. They arrived about 10 minutes ago." Mrs Weasley continues as she takes over the dish washing with a swift swish of her wrist. I gape at the scene. What have I got myself into?! I need to get out here- and fast!